THIS IS VERY WEIRD!!

I just made this observation and i wanted to share it with you guys. My parents are from the Dominican Republic, is located in Latin America and is right next to Haiti and near Puerto Rico. I was raised in the Dominican Republic but i was born in the US and while i lived there i was kinda of shy but i was able to do a lot of things in front of people such as modeling, dancing, exct. I then moved to the US again with my mother and mmm thats were i became afraid of other people. I have also noticed that when i travel to the Dominican Republic for vacation that i do NOT get depressed and the minute i wake up, i eat, take a shower and get out of the house inmediately. I have to go out every second and i can't never stay inside a house. The Dominican Republic is a third world country and you will never see people over there being depressed or shy because they are happy people despite the economic situation. However, i do get anxious when i walk alone and people look at me but still when i travel over there i am so happy and full of life and while i am in the US, i hate going out and i rather stay at home for weeks and months(the US is "rich country"). In DR, i party and drink all the time, I also dress nicely and always look my best. My depression dissapears but my urges to urinate never leave.

Gone

Going to new/different places can be a relief for your Social Anxieties.

gobbledegook

Gone said:
Going to new/different places can be a relief for your Social Anxieties.

That's true. The same happens to me when I go on holiday to a different country. I feel more relaxed and free :D

recluse

I love going to foreign countries because i can be annomynous, because it's highly unlikely that i am going to bump into someone i know, so i can relax more and be myself more.

Actually lol, i have family over there, sisters, aunts, uncles, nephews and my bf haha and people know me and they are annoying. Anyways, just something about being over there makes me really happy. Traveling is the best.

SocialButterSlip

i'm from there to lol, but it depresses the shit outta me. Once I went and I landed on the punta cana airport, thats like tourist airport. There are hot girls who throw pictures with the people getting of the plane, and they couldn't understand my sadness. lol Same with a flight attendant she told me enjoy this beautiful island, and i just looked at her face with the saddest expression. lol don't forget rude, they are also rude people.... it's a fucking shit hole :(

Rodox

I am an immigrant too,I feel that this contributed a lot for me to be the way I am,I was shy there(brazil) but I had a lot of friends,its been almost 9 years since I was there,I am afraid I will become worse if I go back to live there....

I am not an inmmigrant haha my parents are. I was born in the US but i was raised in the dominican republic. OMG you are from Brazil that is so fucking cool!!!!!!!! I wouldn't live in Dr because of the economy and is hard to find a GOOD job unless you are like rich, i just love visiting the country!! Oh yeah i also had a lot friends but because i came to the US again, they started to hate on me and got jealous of me haha so most of my friends are males and i just hang out with my cousins who are girls haha.

SocialButterSlip said:
i'm from there to lol, but it depresses the shit outta me. Once I went and I landed on the punta cana airport, thats like tourist airport. There are hot girls who throw pictures with the people getting of the plane, and they couldn't understand my sadness. lol Same with a flight attendant she told me enjoy this beautiful island, and i just looked at her face with the saddest expression. lol don't forget rude, they are also rude people.... it's a fucking shit hole :(

Omg, i wouldn't think i would find a Dominican here. Really you were sad, i never get sad when i go to DR. I land in the Las Americas airport which is in the capital, and i get really really excited and i don't even get anxious at all. Yeah they are rude!! and they be getting on people's business but i ain't going to lie, i have a lot of fun over there!! haha.

Argamemnon

In the past I used to feel much better when I visited my country of origin, Turkey, but that's no longer the case. I feel sad and depressed wherever I go.

Argamemnon

Re: ...

Depressed4life said:
Oh i see. In my situation, i will feel happy when i am far away from the US, this country makes me sick.
I live in Europe. I too would have prefered to live in a country with a warm climate and where people are friendly and warm. A place where the pace of life is slower than in industrialized countries, and where people enjoy life. It will remain a dream though.

SocialButterSlip

Depressed4life said:
SocialButterSlip said:

Omg, i wouldn't think i would find a Dominican here. Really you were sad, i never get sad when i go to DR. I land in the Las Americas airport which is in the capital, and i get really really excited and i don't even get anxious at all. Yeah they are rude!! and they be getting on people's business but i ain't going to lie, i have a lot of fun over there!! haha.

I've seen like 3 Dominicans with this problem lol so far * NEW RECORD *