This is not a journal! Or a diary!

MikeyC

Hmm, this looks suspiciously like a journal. ;)

Family and extended family will be there all day, I'll be tending the bbq and avoiding most of them all day.
That's a good idea, mate. Make sure you have lots to cook, so you're there for a while, so you'll have something to do if someone comes to chat with you (which is likely).

I look forward to reading more entries in this journal-that's-totally-not-a-journal. :reading:

Hmm, this looks suspiciously like a journal. ;)

That's a good idea, mate. Make sure you have lots to cook, so you're there for a while, so you'll have something to do if someone comes to chat with you (which is likely).

I look forward to reading more entries in this journal-that's-totally-not-a-journal. :reading:

Your reply made me laugh. I genuinely needed that Mikey! How's life down-under?

I reckon I'll get up tomorrow and fire up the tractor and mow the field. Work at work and work on the weekends. My son has been on me all week wanting to ride the tractor again. I love quality time with the kids :bigsmile:

Worked most of the day mowing the field. Got home with heat exhaustion. Took the wife shopping and at one store I bought a do-it-yourself-haircut-thing. I messed my hair up bad :crying: stand by for photo...
picture.php

I'm so ugly...and...bald... :kickingmyself:

I got too hot mowing earlier and I can't seem to get my head to cool off for some reason. I'm hydrated and I'm not running a fever but my my head is really hot and I have a headache on top of that. It's not a sun burn... I'm puzzled.:question:

Alienated

I got too hot mowing earlier and I can't seem to get my head to cool off for some reason. I'm hydrated and I'm not running a fever but my my head is really hot and I have a headache on top of that. It's not a sun burn... I'm puzzled.:question:

I used to wrap I wet rag around my neck when working in real hot temps, just cool it off with a hose every now and again. That might help the head aches, give it a try. They also make these tube things they sell that look like a snake, you fill with water.

I'll do that next time. I didn't think until later that I didn't sweat at all while working-not good. I'll remember to do that rag thing next time.

Finally feeling better. I'm glad I stayed home from work tonight. Rest and relaxation seems to put things in perspective sometimes.

neardeath

Glad you're okay! Dehydration is bad. Killer. Get yourself a refillable water bottle!

Wishing the best for your job hunt. Your home sounds like a busy place!