They're starting to get to me

dannyboy65

I feel crazy, I thought these days were over and done with. No they will never leave I am forever cursed. They tell me to hurt people, they tell me to hurt myself. They say I'm useless, ignorant, and not liked. They make me want to cry and scream for help, but I can't its like I'm emotionless. They didn't lie when they said I would never be cured. Schizophrenia never goes away, no instead it haunts me, makes me go crazy. My life was finally turning around but no these ****ing voices had to come back, oh yes they love it they had to ****ing come back and destroy my life again. Yet, I'm to scared to tell anyone I'll scare away everyone I know, I'm a freak.

ImNotMyIllness

Your life will only be destroyed if you believe the voices. You don't have a choice in having to hear the voices but you do have a choice in whether you want to believe them.
We all struggle with our internal voices-yours are actually audible. I'm constantly telling myself that I should commit suicide, that it's hopeless, I'm worthless etc. It's like a recorded loop that gets played a thousand times a day. But, I'm determined to push on.

Hang in there! Schizophrenia is a tough disease to live with. I'm glad that I don't have that. But, you are inspirational to the rest of us. If you can fight your demons then that gives me hope that I can fight mine too.

You probably will have to live with this for the rest of your life. But, you can learn to manage it. Today while waiting for my therapist, I read an article about a woman who is 67 yrs old and has Schizophrenia. She seems really happy. She keeps herself busy and helps others when she can.

I'm rooting for you!

dannyboy65

Your life will only be destroyed if you believe the voices. You don't have a choice in having to hear the voices but you do have a choice in whether you want to believe them.
We all struggle with our internal voices-yours are actually audible. I'm constantly telling myself that I should commit suicide, that it's hopeless, I'm worthless etc. It's like a recorded loop that gets played a thousand times a day. But, I'm determined to push on.

Hang in there! Schizophrenia is a tough disease to live with. I'm glad that I don't have that. But, you are inspirational to the rest of us. If you can fight your demons then that gives me hope that I can fight mine too.

You probably will have to live with this for the rest of your life. But, you can learn to manage it. Today while waiting for my therapist, I read an article about a woman who is 67 yrs old and has Schizophrenia. She seems really happy. She keeps herself busy and helps others when she can.

I'm rooting for you!

See I was assigned a doctor after the hospital and all he does is pick on me and say I'm looking for attention. Last time I seen him he called me fat.

Feathers

Danny, can you get another doctor, and maybe a change in meds?

There is also an association of people who are hearing voices, like support groups, could you go to something like that? Look up 'hearing voices network' if it's anywhere near you?
They also have an internet forum, a young woman says there that when she started talking openly about the voices to people around her, they lost their power? http://hvn.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1071 You could ask others at the forum too...

Also, in US and UK, Open Dialogue is starting - that's a Finnish approach with low or no meds, I may have mentioned it before, they work on improving communication in the family etc. How do you get along with your family - maybe some family therapy or some simple changes could help improve things?

Do you go to any support groups for people with this diagnosis? They could surely understand....

Last edited: