The root of your anxiety.

MollyBeGood

I don't think banning felons from breeding and having a nationwide one child policy will cause extinction lol. The world is already overpopulated and the environment is going to shit because of the resources we are consuming. Personally I don't feel like paying extra tax money because trailer trash decided to have 5 kids they can't support either.I think China is really smart when it comes to their one child policy and if the rest of the world doesn't follow behind soon then we better plan to live on mars.

You didn't understand what I wrote. We will be existent imo because we are headed that way because humans are devolving as a general rule not evolving." According to scientific studies, it appears that a reversal in evolution happened about 20,000 years ago. It was in 2010 when researching a skull that belonged to a Cro Magnon man, that scientists discovered the brain of our ancient ancestor was about 20% larger. This has been replicated time and again and it can now be said that the human brain has decreased from 1,500 cubic centimetres (cc) to 1,350 cc (both male and female brains) and this happened everywhere on Earth. If we continue on this path, we will end up having the brain of Homo Erectus, an ancient human species which millions of years ago had a brain of 1,100 cc."

And thanks to technology-

"People today use their brain less and less – instead of memorising navigational routes we switch on our ‘sat navs’ and rather than storing phone numbers and addresses in our memory banks, we have them all to hand on our iPhones and Blackberries. In general, it seems that technology has taken over, rendering us with less skills and less creativity. All the ‘advancements’ of our society are based on computers. Now if you take technology out of the equation, how intelligent are we really?"

Take a look at the world today, reproduction numbers are down because of the food we eat is poison it is known now. Also the chemicals we put on our bodies are harming our ability to have kids.

Children are being born autistic at alarming rates so people (intelligently) are choosing not to have kids more than ever.

Hmm..If you lived in a society where they castrated felons what if you were wrongly accused of a crime and they chopped your balls off? Not cool. You get acquitted and you cannot have a child if you wanted. What a nightmare world that would be.

Like Mixedupgirl mentioned have you seen what happens in China with their one child policy? There are hundreds of thousands of girl babies who are abandoned in dumpsters because the culture doesn't value females. That is not the answer either.

I like that you are trying to be a great parent Mixedupgirl! That is awesome to hear and hope for the future.

Last edited:

Zooman

You didn't understand what I wrote. We will be existent imo because we are headed that way because humans are devolving as a general rule not evolving." According to scientific studies, it appears that a reversal in evolution happened about 20,000 years ago. It was in 2010 when researching a skull that belonged to a Cro Magnon man, that scientists discovered the brain of our ancient ancestor was about 20% larger. This has been replicated time and again and it can now be said that the human brain has decreased from 1,500 cubic centimetres (cc) to 1,350 cc (both male and female brains) and this happened everywhere on Earth. If we continue on this path, we will end up having the brain of Homo Erectus, an ancient human species which millions of years ago had a brain of 1,100 cc."

And thanks to technology-

"People today use their brain less and less – instead of memorising navigational routes we switch on our ‘sat navs’ and rather than storing phone numbers and addresses in our memory banks, we have them all to hand on our iPhones and Blackberries. In general, it seems that technology has taken over, rendering us with less skills and less creativity. All the ‘advancements’ of our society are based on computers. Now if you take technology out of the equation, how intelligent are we really?"

Take a look at the world today, reproduction numbers are down because of the food we eat is poison it is known now. Also the chemicals we put on our bodies are harming our ability to have kids.

Children are being born autistic at alarming rates so people (intelligently) are choosing not to have kids more than ever.

Hmm..If you lived in a society where they castrated felons what if you were wrongly accused of a crime and they chopped your balls off? Not cool. You get acquitted and you cannot have a child if you wanted. What a nightmare world that would be.

Like Mixedupgirl mentioned have you seen what happens in China with their one child policy? There are hundreds of thousands of girl babies who are abandoned in dumpsters because the culture doesn't value females. That is not the answer either.

I like that you are trying to be a great parent Mixedupgirl! That is awesome to hear and hope for the future.

I'm talking about America for the felon scenario so idk if that is where you are thinking of also. The castration option would only be used on people who had been indicted of a serious crime. In America people are innocent until proven guilty, so unless the punishment of jail is wrong too, along with every other punishment, i don't see how this is bad. For example, it sucks to go to jail for 20 years for committing armed robbery, but that doesn't mean we are going to say people shouldn't go to jail for 20 years because there might be 1/10000000 person who is innocent. If a person wants to be a criminal then they have given up their rights because they are a danger to society and personally i don't want them to have little kids who have daddy's genetics and learn from him how to shoot and steal. As far as China goes, i don't think we can judge how it is over there to how it would be over here. China already has a loaded plate with 1 billion people and they don't exactly function the same as the U.S.

Last edited:
What Specific Loaner said.

conclusions to studies are not facts and will be considered as truth only until someone make another study to refute it....

I think there is very little that we know and understand about health and the human being, and even less when it comes to mental health and the brain.....

Some things that are true now will be considered very silly in 500 years, as it is for us when we look back 500 years ago, especially in regards to science and the human body.

To answer to the OP, my siblings don't have social anxiety, so I don't see how it could be only genetic. Mostly, I think it's a mix of: bad health from the day I was born and growing up, which lead to depression very early, some shameful events, some rejection stories, destruction of my self-esteem by growing up being told I was worthless, and stuff like that.

I do think there might be a genetic aspect to it as well, because my mother is bipolar and very anxious in general, and my father is an introvert.

Last edited:

LoyalXenite

Mine is definitely rooted in my childhood. Abusive parents (towards each other and myself), a religious zealot grandmother who taught me to see demons everywhere (which my BPD really latched onto and is something I still struggle with to this day), a very unstable childhood in general really...

PhantomPod

I truly believe I was born like this. I remember feeling anxious and feeling aware of people always staring at me from a very young age. I mean, my freakin' preschool report cards have notes about how quiet I am and I don't talk to anyone and I barely make eye contact, etc.

I was always just a very shy and sensitive child so then whenever something happened, such as my parents fighting with each other, I would get very anxious about it because I was a sensitive child to begin with. On the other hand, my brother was not that sensitive and I remember him barely being bothered by my parents fighting.

Sacrament

Anxiety is pretty much assuming negative things to happen in the future, in my view, otherwise it's just called nervousness. If I'm anxious about a job interview, then I'm thinking about all the things that could go wrong. If I'm just nervous, then that's normal. Sometimes calling it nervousness instead of anxiety helps, because you start looking at it differently instead of seeing it as some sort of beast with sharp claws. There's a phrase I like a lot that goes "anxiety is practicing failure in advance".

For instance, if someone wants to go and have a cup of coffee with you, and you're feeling anxious about entering that coffee shop, then you're anxious because you're assuming that things can go wrong, such as people judging you, or dropping your cup of coffee and being laughed at, or the other person getting bored with you, etc.

I was anxious about my driving exam, which was expensive. But when I changed it to just being nervous, I started seeing it as a normal thing that everyone feels when they have a driving exam coming up. The odds of being stronger than anxiety about something are much lower than the odds of conquering simply being nervous, because anxiety is scarier.