The ONE time I decide to be brave

OneOh1

well, i guess he's not into me, she apparently still loves her boyfriend according to her facebook status lol.
every girl i ever crushed on already has a boyfriend XD

DanFC

I decided to ignore my anxiety and ask a cute girl out. Well she hesitated and asked "in what way? like hang out?" I said "yeah, sure". I find her on facebook and learn she is already in a relationship -_-. *sigh* I just can't win.

That's a much better reply than the few times I've tried, and I think it means you should be able to do it again since what was holding her back was the relationship ^_^

well, i guess he's not into me, she apparently still loves her boyfriend according to her facebook status lol.
every girl i ever crushed on already has a boyfriend XD

I fear this.
Habit now is to glance a shy look at the left hand. Though it will not always grant correct information, nothing there.

Richey

i actually think the key to overcoming this is to not see her as a potential girlfriend but just as a potential friend and someone you can have fun talking to. the way to start practicing this is to apply the same logic to anyone. whether its people you work with who you hardly talk to ...

take a deep breath and try, take a chance. start a conversation, say something random. fail, fail again, build up a resistance and a harder skin ...see the person inside rather then the outer layers.

there are alot of girls who dress well and have alot of interest from boys whether you like it or not and if you barely know them then personally i think its a bit weird but still courageous to ask her out. also the next time you try this try and word how yoiu ask her out differently. make it really subtle and just start a lengthy conversation first. perhaps build up an acquentance-like friendship first and leave it at that, then aftewr a while use a segway and say something like "i am going to the aquarium" on saturday, would you like to come along ....

a big mistake on the guys part is approaching girls and just being way too direct, especially if you dont know her well. and by the way some girls will be flattered and she may have been but just think if you are in her shoes. i am betting that even some of her best guy friends wouldnt be that direct in starkly asking "will you go out with me" ...from my experience a date or a relationship usually starts from an authentic situation.

i dont mean to be harsh either, but you will learn this over time.

its different if you are out on a friday night at a club or you are at a party or you bump into someone in the supermarket and you get talking.

what i really mean is try not to get yourself into situations where you have crushes on people you hardly know and your first attempts at conversation are asking that person out ...you will set yourself up for unexpected answers and awkward situations.

your best starting point is to just makes some friends who are guys and girls and focus on having fun ..all other opportunities will arise from that. once you build up some sort of social world for yourself then you have the foundations to progress.

its like the rock star who wants the five star reviews, big house and hit record before he has the songs and the music. weird analogy but its the same sort of thing.

Last edited:

HeadFace

No, I have merely found 100 ways how not to make a light bulb?

I actually laughed really loud at this statement.

But trust me, you achieved what I've been trying to achieve for forever- sucking up all your anxiety to get out. That itself is a success.