The most important thing you will hear in your life.

RichardHoban

Hello all!
Hope everyone is good. I am here because I used to have social phobia myself very severe and I absolutely hated to leave the house. I was also an Atheist and did not believe in God but this information I am going to tell you was like a seed planted in my heart. I know with certainty I have eternal life and you can know too!

The most important thing you will hear in your life is this. So please read it!
The bible says "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" "as it is written 'there is none righteous, no not one'", and this has separated us from God, and according to the bible when we die we will face the judgement of God for our sins in hell forever but God in his great love made a way back to him when he sent his son Jesus Christ to earth 2000 years ago, born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life and was beaten beyond human recognition for our sins and hung on the cross and died. Three days later he rose from the dead and ascended to heaven. God tells us to receive this amazing free gift of eternal life we must repent of our sins, that is to turn away from our sins and turn to God and believe on Jesus Christ with all our hearts for the forgiveness of sins. You can know God on this earth and after you die have eternal life with him if you repent and believe.

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Relating to Social Phobia, when you get saved God gives you the Holy Spirit so you can know him intimately and personally supernaturally and worship him in Spirit and in truth as the bible says. God can heal you of that.

1 John 4:17-19 17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us.

God Bless

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Hang on. If getting saved cures social phobia then how come so many Christians still have it? The bit about " the one who fears is not perfected in love" makes it sound like they aren't true Scotsmen Christians.

Phoenixx

I'm not an atheist and even I don't believe religion can cure anything. Faith can be a part of healing, and for some people that's really important and it's great if it works for them. However, we need to understand that just because it works for one person or a few people, it's not going to work for everyone. It's best to respect that some people, especially many on here, don't believe in any of this and to save the preaching. Trying not to sound rude, just being blunt.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Yeah, as a Christian myself I can attest to it not being a cure for all of us.

Even Paul begged the Lord to heal him of an unspecified affliction and God basically said "No, you're good." And as you know, Paul was as devout as it gets.

"Perfected in your weakness" is the phrase, I believe.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
It's best to respect that some people, especially many on here, don't believe in any of this and to save the preaching. Trying not to sound rude, just being blunt.

Speaking for myself I don't mind if he wants to make an attempt at saving some souls, so long as he doesn't spam us with it.

I just have a problem with the logic of his argument.

RichardHoban

Okay, I appreciate your comments. I apologize if I made it sound like people should come to Christ to be healed of their social phobia. If that's the case they probably won't be healed of it, but they should come to be clear from sin before our Holy and Righteous God, and yes FountainandFair I believe God is likely to use your social phobia(it may be an demon) as a way of disciplining you in his fatherly love, healing it more and more as you move away from sin but you must have the power of the Holy Spirit and it probably won't be overnight, but could be many years. The reason we must come to Christ is to be cured of sin, and we come to it not for religion but to find the real living God. To be a Christian does not mean your perfected in love but that is the goal of every Christian and when you reach that goal you should not have social phobia. I believe my social phobia is a demon, and the more I move towards sin the more power I give to it, but the more I forgive people in the power of the Spirit and love everyone and move away from addiction and covetousness the more freedom I have from the fear in the power of the Holy Spirit, but as I said Christianity is not a place to go for curing social phobia because the devil will alway offer you counter offers that will be impossible to resist. God wants to forgive those who want to be forgiven. If this is a lie then even I agree I shouldn't preach it but I know it is true and so I am sharing as I am commanded by God.

John 7:17 "If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself.

Luke 24:29

And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

As real Christians we should have the power of the Holy Spirit on our lives. This is not a psychological experience but a supernatural power on our lives that is within us that empowers us to live the Christian life. Also being a real Christian is evidenced by a changed life, we are a new creature. As Jesus said a good tree cannot bear bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Does not mean perfection but it means our inner man should battle against our flesh. Our life should be changed drastically when we truly get saved.

Ephesians 1:13-15

13 In [a]Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also [b]believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.
15 For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the [f]saints,

Thanks
God Bless