The longest you've gone without work since turning 18?

What's the longest you've gone without work (since turning 18)?

• I've never been without work

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • A few days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A few weeks

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • A few months

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 2 years

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 3 years

• 4 years

• 5 years

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 6 years

• 7 years

• 8 years

• 9 years

• 10 years

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I've never had a job

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

Hello*22

Well my first job was when i was 15, worked in a shop which i hated and the pay was terrible - i was practically working for peanuts on a 9 hour day. So since then, my longest unemployment period is 9 months - and that's cos i've decided to spend this year dedicated to study

Richey

1 year while i finished my course ...
all the jobs i've had were low income assistant, crap jobs basically so they are meaningless outside of the fact that it paid me something to live off...
i don't advance far in these jobs though because you have to have a spitfire rutheless attitude to get anywhere now days, in other peoples businesses i mean, its really hard and i can see myself reaching 30 with little gain and when you are a male its so difficult to comprehend this because you are supposed to be successful person which is the norm! and completely expected,
so i'm giving myself until that age and if nothing is better i'm ending it because life will be pointless ...can;t believe i;m saying this but money is such a powerful tool in our lives, it makes or breaks people if allowed to. friendhsips are so important as well and a partner, all this pressure in the adult realm is such a brain masher if its not all going according to plans.

Last edited: