The Life and Times of a Social phobic *long post*

MikeyC

I read this whole thing. You've been through quite a lot, haven't you?

I'm not sure what you should do. Therapy is a good idea because you're obviously struggling with a lot of mental issues, but with your debt I'm unsure if that's even viable anymore.

I'm not really sure I have correct advice but I am really sorry you're going through all of this and I hope you can get out of it soon.

DeadmanWalking

I'm so sorry about what's happened to you. But, I won't tell you to get over it because it wouldn't help anything. The only thing I can say is to not give up. Don't give up on being a doctor if that's what you want to do. It's kinda like finals, you see. The amount of work you have is staggering because there's so much of it. But, if you slowly chip away at that work and do it in pieces then you'll find yourself to be less stressed out and more capable of work. And you haven't failed your parents in any way. Always remember that. They would never believe that you have failed them if they were good parents. As long as you are alive, then that's good enough for them. Now, we need to work on making you happy. No one has the right to judge you because they don't know your life nor what you went through. You're a good person:). Stay strong Rxqueen. I wish I could do more to help. Life does get better, I promise you that.

hidwell

I too read your story, Sorry to hear that your life is so difficult. I feel for you, like Mikey said I can't really offer any advice, other than to say I hope your luck improves and you find some happiness. :)

bsammy

i remember when i was 24 i was on and off when it came to battling sp/depression.some days it was pointless to wake up, other day were tolerable...what sucks is those early 20s are crucial for not only your career but your relationships..those years i destroyed my relationships thru depression and sa and other things.when i finally started to wake up from the fog so much time had been wasted and it just made me more depressed.

i have no advice but maybe try to find some medication to get on to even out the bad times.exercise helps as welll

O'Killian

I read the whole post. I'm not sure I have any useful advice, but I can offer my largely uninformed opinion.

It seems like you held yourself up to unrealistic expectations. You are who you are, and while you can change that, it's a difficult and slow process. Not everyone can be a doctor or a lawyer and that doesn't reflect poorly on you at all. You need to crawl before you can walk, and walk before you can run.

You're in a low place right now, and the only way I would know to get out of it is to seek help. It sounds like a platitude, even to me, but without some sort of support it's easy to continue with the status quo.

I hope you find some way through this.

Srijita52

^I agree. I'm sorry you're going through all this. But from what I've noticed in your post you seem to be too hard on yourself. You're not a freak or loser for not being a doctor, sometimes our plans change, we can't follow through the goals that we had once set for ourselves but that's life I guess. You seem to be a wonderful person and I'm sure your family's proud of you for that regardless of what you do. Trying to face and fight you're problems takes a lot of courage and strength and I always admire those who do. I know some people don't like the idea of seeking help but I personally think it never hurts, sometimes it might work as well. I hope things get better with you, just try to take one step at a time and don't beat yourself too much. You're not a faliure at all.