That music that takes you back to childhood

lunarla

Anything my dad listened to. Neil Young, Led Zeppelin, lots of CCR, Jimi Hendrix. Anything Classic Rock.

Also, stuff my brother used to listen to. Our Lady Peace and anything on those olllllld Big Shiny Tunes albums, hahah.
YouTube - Teenage Dirtbag (With Lyrics) - Wheatus
Basically 90's mainstream. Wasn't until I was a bit older that I found how completely great the 90's actually were though, musically.

Walk

I grew up listening to oldies from the 50's and 60's, so they bring me to when I was about 8,9, 10 years old.

Afterwards, bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, and Blink 182 bring me back to my adolescence. My adolescence was terrible, and even though these bands are great, they remind me of many bad times too... kind of a bittersweet nostalgia.

lyricalliaisons

This is the first song I ever remember listening to. I was five & I was listening to it with my mom. It's nothing I'd ever pick for myself to listen to, but I just thought of it when I saw this thread. It took me forever to find it since I didn't know the name, or who sang it lol

YouTube - Don't cry Joni with Emma, Daniel and Rupert!

I heard this song on the school bus when I was 7 or 8 & it's the first song I ever listened to on my own. Before that, I had really only ever heard old country songs my mom listened to.

YouTube - Boys 2 Men - End Of The Road

There are a bunch of other songs I could post, but they're all from my teenage years & there are far too many. Some are songs from Garbage, Hootie & the Blowfish, Orgy, Green Day, & a lot of others.