Sweat fest 2013!

Knickerless

I won gold in the 'Hide a wet back while chatting up a real life women' category back in 2011. I got her all the way to mine until she cupped my sponge... sorry balls. Great day out for all the sweaty family and a wonderful opportunity to drip with the best of them.

Sprawling

Count me in!!! Last year was a blast!

Last year at the 2012 Festival, I came in second for the "wring the sweaty sock competition." I was able to wring out several ounces of sweat into a cup. The sweaty guy who came in first drank way more water than me. Who needs to pee when we can just sweat it out.

This year, I plan to partake in the "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" competition. Anxiety getting you down? Don't shed a tear, just sweat it big time. Guaranteed to make you cry.

Don't forget my personal favorite: "Sweating to the Oldies" song competition.
Some of my old time personal favorites:
Sweat your love away
I'm sweating in the rain
I wanna hold your sweaty hand
Sweating Blues
Drowning in your sweat
Slip sliding away

I look forward to seeing you there!

Sprawling

Me either... Obviously some form of American humour which I don't get.

You English folk have such a dry sense of humor while us Americans are more moist and free flowing.

I must say you do have some cool programs like Doctor Who, Doc Martin,etc.

Maybe we should invite the Doctor and he can cure us all with his Sonic Screwdriver?

Englishman

You English folk have such a dry sense of humor while us Americans are more moist and free flowing.

I must say you do have some cool programs like Doctor Who, Doc Martin,etc.

Maybe we should invite the Doctor and he can cure us all with his Sonic Screwdriver?

Sounds good to me...

Jezza

This sounds pretty awesome...Sadly though I'd likely have to travel to 'murica to participate which is a bit too much of a hassle for this purpose I think. Well if it becomes an anual fixture on the calender then one day maybe.

I think in general people with HH might have developed a good sense of humor over the years as it's kind of a necessity to be able to make light of this condition that affects one every day.

EDIT -in which state is this shindig taking place?-

Last edited:

Sprawling

It's a virtual Sweat Fest. Just follow your sweat beads, turn right, then a sharp left. When you get to the fork in the road, take the road less traveled. When you see the river of sweat, you reached us.

Jezza

It's a virtual Sweat Fest. Just follow your sweat beads, turn right, then a sharp left. When you get to the fork in the road, take the road less traveled. When you see the river of sweat, you reached us.

Heh heh...got it...

My bad, my irony meter wasn't tuned right I guess...figured you two were exaggerating a lot but thought there was some kind of 'sweat fest' get together for HH sufferers regardless...:applause:

Kinda cool idea in some ways really, although maybe the idea would be cooler than the reality :D

Sprawling

Instead of throwing the ball at the mechanism that dunks someone in a pool we can just stare at each other and see who sweats the fastest.

ShadowCookie

Ugh, for some reason I'm sweating like crazy recently - never used to happen but the slightest bit of sun, whether it's 60F or 80F, makes me sweat like I'm an Inuit from Nunavut arriving in Singapore. I'm also starting to sweat in nervous situations, which is a new phenomenon to me. Really annoying - not noticeable to anyone but myself, but the feeling of sweat repulses me - I hate feeling sticky and dirty, even if I've had a shower hours before, and I've start sweating if I recall embarrassing incidents that make my cringe. I want to be able to enjoy myself again without turning into the Niagara Falls!

Anyway - I found it funny!

Last edited:

CharlesN

Guys, I think us older folk (40+) who have been there done that can look back (or look forward) and more easily laugh at the absurdity of it all, but for the younger people it's maybe a still a bit too raw to be laughed at as they are in the prime of their socializing lives.

I read it and it honestly touched a nerve, but not the funny kind, moreso the triggering of painful memories.

And judging by all I've read here, I had it sooo much easier than most on here and it was still pretty crippling.

But please I'm not trying to quash it or anything - by all means have fun with it - just explaining why I didn't join in and why others might not find it as funny as some do...

Peace,

sean_turner74

To be honest, I agree with CharlesN. For me, HH isn't something I can find funny; it's too stressful and depressing. I find other things to cheer me up and laugh about, but sweating is too serious after how it's affected my life.

To each his own though. If you and others find it funny, feel free to go ahead, I'll just stay out of it.

Sprawling

Yep...misery loves company and anyone wavering from the sadness and depression will never fit in here.

HH has dramatically affected my life as well. But because you are unable to laugh at it is why it is so stressful and depressing. All of my post from here on out should just say, "Awwww, you poor baby. You are absolutely right. Life sucks!"

I wish you all the best but I give up.

Don't give up! There are those of us that do appreciate the humor of it all. HH turned my life inside out, add severe Fibromyalgia to it and it's a double whammy. Wait, add half my hearing is gone. Despite all, I run a Coffee and Tea Meetup group every other week. Occasionally will do a party, working full or part time is nearly impossible.

No poor me here. I'm just rolling with the punches making the best with what I have. I'm the life at any group or party. I'm very good at making people laugh.

HHDisturbed, keep the humor going. There are those of us that need the kinda stuff you write.