Supreme Court Ruling Makes Same-Sex Marriage a Right Nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

worrywort

I'm a Christian and I support same sex marriage and I don't believe it goes against the Bible to do so either. I think when two people love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together, it's a beautiful thing. I don't think a homosexual can change their orientation any more than a heterosexual can. I'm still an advocate of monogamy and sex only within marriage, but I really believe this ruling is something to be proud of and should be celebrated.

But I would say that this issue is a difficult one for Christians, because there are some tricky verses in the Bible, and it's hard when your own moral compass contradicts what the Bible appears to teach. The fear is that we'll begin to stray from Gods path [and for some it may feel like from his favour aswell]. So I can understand how it can be difficult for some Christians to figure out this problem. But I believe if you study the verse's you'll find what they're condemning is lust, not love.

My message to Christian's would be this; If in doubt, It's better to get your doctrine wrong, and your love right, than to get your doctrine right and your love wrong. I think we should go with our guts on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.