Stupid Voice Thing

IamThisOne

Today I was at work and this lady came in to buy some cigarettes. I told her the price and when she got done paying for it I told her "thank you". However, my voice broke. I said the words, but it came out like a quiet, high pitched grunt. When the lady was walking out the door I heard her say, "So rude!". I guess because she thought I didn't say "thank you". That kind of made me feel bad because I really didn't mean to be rude, my voice just does that sometimes. It's like I try to say the words but they won't come out right.

zinc

It's because on one hand you're nervous and on the other hand trying to break the barrier, so give yourself a pat on the back for the effort because it will only get easier and easier.

And she thought it was rude? Who cares...

agoraphobickatie

she's probably just hateful, and that's her own problem.. you're very aware of your own good intentions and that's what matters :) you should have to thank her for buying cancer sticks anyway, you should say "here, i'm sorry.." lol.. kidding :) don't let it get to you, people can be grumps sometimes

Jake123

Banned
lmao, they should totally do that when you buy cancer sticks Katie. Or when they hand you a pack "You just shaved 10 minutes off of your life, congratulations!"

HeadFace

And she thought it was rude? Who cares...
Saying this on an SA board isn't exactly the best for everyone
icon_sweatdrop.gif

Anyway.. There's plenty of people like that in the world. Youre a cashier for a store. Not a person who stands there and tries to brighten up every customer's day. It's not your responsability.
But truuuust me... There are so many nasty people like that who don't appreciate good intention. She should appreciate that you werent some rude **** who stared her down the whole time, and kept quiet the whole time with a frown. She doesn't know you at all. So trust me, you AREN'T rude.