Stuck in your social anxiety

Phil_i

Does anybody else feel that, even if your anxiety disappeared tomorrow, you'd still be stuck in the same situation?

I think that, even if i suddenly became an anxiety-free, fairly confident guy, I would still find it extremely difficult to change my life now. I have days when I feel fine but its as if the damage is already done. I think any "normal" person would find it hard to break out of having no friends or social life and when everyone knows you as being really quiet you end up being stuck that way. I also feel ashamed to get to know people because they will find out I have no friends sooner or later...

Haha, this wasn't meant to sound so depressing and self-pitying but it was just something I've been thinking about.

mrb

to be honest i dont think my life would change at all , im quite happy with it but boy for my sa to go would be a massive bonus , its just lots of people around me talking to me that i dont like , and some masive changes next year im worried about , but i wouldnt be worried about it if it wasnt for sa

johnny 85

I've thought of this also... but if u were the confident guy u wouldn't think like this :)

i dont know about that. i think alot or all of us are after gettin into a routine which i reckon would be fairly hard to break free from ! i have some great days but i dont take advantage of it, lol. i only venture out when i need too !!

Phil_i

I've thought of this also... but if u were the confident guy u wouldn't think like this :)

The trouble is, the confident guy would never have got himself into this situation in the first place :p. So its hard to say what he would do once he's in it. If that makes any sense....

ashley90

thats exactly my problem.
even if i improve i'm already known as the quiet one so how could i randomly start talking?
its like i want it to get better, then move away.
basically just want a whole new life :(