Strange Girl

OceanMist

Keep in mind though that not everyone is very familiar cognitive disorders.

This is very true. It's tough for one to understand what it's like to have something that they don't have.

It just doesn't make sense to many outgoing people that someone would want to not talk to people. It baffles them.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I overheard one of my employees whispering to another about me. "I don't understand why one minute she's so warm and caring then the next she's cold and standoffish. She's so strange."

But why being angry about this? Wouldn't you be confused too if someone was warm and caring one minute and cold the next? I'm not saying you're to blame, I'm just saying that sometimes we DO act in a way that doesn't seem to make sense, it's one thing to expect people to accept you anyway but I don't think we should expect them to understand.

Agent_Violet

But why being angry about this? Wouldn't you be confused too if someone was warm and caring one minute and cold the next? I'm not saying you're to blame, I'm just saying that sometimes we DO act in a way that doesn't seem to make sense, it's one thing to expect people to accept you anyway but I don't think we should expect them to understand.

Well I'm not angry bc they don't understand me. That's not it at all bc I don't expect people to cater to me. I'm angry bc all the things I've done for the girls who were saying these things behind my back seem so trivial now that I know how they really feel about me. I feel like I did it all for nothing.

Well I'm not angry bc they don't understand me. That's not it at all bc I don't expect people to cater to me. I'm angry bc all the things I've done for the girls who were saying these things behind my back seem so trivial now that I know how they really feel about me. I feel like I did it all for nothing.

Being in a position of supervising people is so hard, typical work culture means that anyone who is the boss is not automatically liked unless they prove otherwise. It seems as though you have been making an effort to build good relationships at work and hearing them gossip about you means all that feels redundant? I dont think that your efforts are being wasted, in spite of the gossip. Maybe see it as a minor, temporary thing that is going to happen from time to time, and that overall you are doing well and your efforts are being appreciated :)

Last edited:

Agent_Violet

It seems as though you have been making an effort to build good relationships at work and hearing them gossip about you means all that feels redundant?

You got it. thank you.

I'm ok with them being confused. I don't expect them to get it. But I did expect a little more respect from them. I've earned it in more ways than I can list.