Speed typing

Darryl

Man, you all type to fast!

I can go to answer a topic that no-one has replied to-- By the time I hit send, and 5 or 6 people have beaten me too it.:confused:

The worse bit it those before me have well thought out answers::eek::

Luke1993

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Master this sentence and you master typing!

Thelema

I can attest that attending a typing class in which you learn to use all 10 fingers dramatically increases your 2 finger typing ability

Darryl

I can attest that attending a typing class in which you learn to use all 10 fingers dramatically increases your 2 finger typing ability

I remember being in high school in the late 1700's and type writters were only being introduced.:rolleyes:

My thoughts were.. Nar, why would I need to type and typing is for girls.::eek::

mmmmm if I only knew!

Asphyxiatedragoon

I took computer classes in Junior High and in High school. Thats why we type fast. Typing correctly really does improve that speed!

awkwardamanda

I've been practicing at typingweb.com lately. It's free if you want to learn to type faster. I can mostly keep my eyes on the screen now. I didn't realize I actually kinda sucked at typing until I learned to do it properly.

Steiner

AH typing classes I remember those! They would put those stupid rubber covers on the keyboard so you couldn't see your keys. I guess I got faster typing playing many many mmos as well throughout my years as a nerd. I mean I started playing Everquest when I was 6-7.

" By golly it's a dirty Froglok. "

mikebird

Banned
Self-taught typing was with school Macs in the 1980s
using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Macromind Director which is now Flash.
Word, Aldus PageMaker and Quark Xpress Desktop Publishing dominated by Macs... TrueType... Apple started the mouse and cut, copy & paste. Nobody else did, although Apple might have taken the idea from Xerox. Significant creative skills then, installed then but no teather guidance or interest - I taught myself. Probably toys for me.

Skype live typing is the best conversational competition. It brings speed and accuracy to the game when you can't edit messages sent, as you can with email or posts here

My typing has always been two-fingered and still is. A friend mentioned speed and touch typing yesterday

Since my last epileptic episode in hospital, I got access to nurse station PCs which I officially should have not! I sent emails to myself as a log. I had to accept my crainial, memory and physical impairments gennerated inside the brain. It took a lot of correction to get anything right. Perfect on-the-fly practice and self-rehab treatment. That still carries on a bit today. Only slow improvements. Lots of corrections

My beautiful white keyboard is so grimy.

Such an indicator of filth transferred from... nostrils, skin, food...?

Last edited: