Soulmates?

AutonomousAutomaton

I think of a soulmate as the one person who is right for you. I don't think that exists because that would take some supernatural weirdness. I believe that some pairings are better than others.

A friend

Here's why I'm a kind of afraid of the idea of dating/marriage:

Well, during my childhood, I experienced a gloomy relationship between my mother and father...

My mother continuously yelled at my dad, and insulted him every single day. She tossed things at him, cheated on him with a bunch of other guys. She even stabbed him one time.

Even though he called the police, he didn't press charges and continued living in the same house with her.

My dad told me relationship was so awful that he could not have any dreams when he was asleep.

Finally, they got divorced four years ago, but he's still suffering from that 17 year nightmare.

Is that the greatest thing in life? Having your blood spilled by your spouse?

Vampayah88

Here's why I'm a kind of afraid of the idea of dating/marriage:

Well, during my childhood, I experienced a gloomy relationship between my mother and father...

My mother continuously yelled at my dad, and insulted him every single day. She tossed things at him, cheated on him with a bunch of other guys. She even stabbed him one time.

Even though he called the police, he didn't press charges and continued living in the same house with her.

My dad told me relationship was so awful that he could not have any dreams when he was asleep.

Finally, they got divorced four years ago, but he's still suffering from that 17 year nightmare.

Is that the greatest thing in life? Having your blood spilled by your spouse?

Not all marriages are like that.