Something happened today that's made my anxiety worse.

SmileMore

I was walking home after meeting up with a friend and as i was walking past a house two younger looking guys came out of their back garden. One said to his friend "there she is" and they started walking towards me so i sped up. They then walked past me and a car parked by the curb stopped and the guy driving it said something but i couldn't hear him so i walked over and he said "can i speak to you for a minute?" i asked why then he said "are you with those two?" i'm pretty sure he knew i wasn't and i'm also pretty sure he knew them and they were working together. I said i didn't and started to walk away but then he said "can i just talk to you a minute" i said no then he was like " can i just talk to you?" i said no again and ran off.

There's been people driving around where i live before trying to lure people into their car and i have a feeling that's what they were doing. Now i feel even more paranoid about going out by myself and i'm scared in-case they followed me or know where i live or something. I didn't recognise any of them and i'm just freaked out by the whole thing. Am i just overreacting about it?

Odo

Banned
I think you did the right thing... it's best not to take chances in this kind of situation.

Quietguy11

You're not overreacting, you're thinking rationally about the situation. You were smart to say no, even when he persisted. But at the same time if it was a situation that was dangerous, those guys might have forced you into the car. The fact that he asked you if he could talk to you shows that your space was respected. I think you should be vary cautious as to what roads you travel down when you're out, especially if it's at night.

theoutsider

You definitely didn't overreact. It would have been nice if you had gotten the details of the car (color, make, model, license plate number) as well as the details of the driver. Maybe you could alert the police of their suspicious behavior, especially in light of the fact that people have been trying to lure others into their cars in your area. I'm pretty sure the police would be interested.

R3K

ya report that to the police, even if you don't have a lot of details. chances are other ppl have reported similar stuff and they might send patrols your way more often that'll discourage them from trying to kidnap women. also, get some mace/stun guns.

Zackarydoo

You did the right thing without any doubt at all. They were obviously up to something, but it wasn't personal to you so try not to feel anxious about it. They would have done the same to anyone who happened to be there at that moment. I understand it'll make you anxious about going out on your own though, but try not to let people like that win. At least you know that they aren't the type who will try anything worse. So just walk away and avoid them completely if you were ever to see them again, or people like them.

Tell the police, and before you do try and get it straight in your mind (write it down) as many details as you can about the guy in the car, the type and colour of the car, and about the 2 other guys.