Social situation you fear the most (Reworked)

Select one social situation that you fear the most (Reworked)

• Talking to an authority figure (boss, teacher...)

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Being with the opposite sex

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Crowded places (shopping centers)

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Being with a group of strangers

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Meeting a date's parents

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Asking for a date

Votes: 19 8.9%
  • Interviews

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Saying something stupid

• Parties

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Giving a speech

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • New places/New job/New school

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • Expressing your feelings (Saying I love you)

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • Sex/Nudity

• Being with a group of friends

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Being the center of attention

Votes: 35 16.4%

• Total voters

MaliceInWickedland

Most definitely giving a speech, but anything having to do with putting myself before a person (or people for that matter) in an awkward position goes unanticipated by me.

AsTimeBurns

Went for "asking for a date", although I've never done it but I imagine it would be the worst of that lot, though it's hard to tell.

A86

Talking to an authority figure...
Problem is i have this overwhelming sense that everyone else has more authority than me

magenheimer21

I picked being with the opposite sex because all my relationships have been vary awkward for me. I can never think of anything to talk about, but i think i just shouldn't think soo much.

CJW

Talking to an authority figure (boss, teacher...), Being with a group of strangers, Interviews, Saying something stupid, Parties, New places/New job/New school...

...but Giving a speech takes the cake wether it's to one person or many. I've avoided anything that would involve public speaking at all costs, and those decisions have definitely shaped my life. Booooo to social phobias!!!

Tyrannus

I find pretty much all of the alternatives on the list unpleasant, ranging from mildly intimidating to impossible. Asking for a date has to be the worst for me. It's not a matter of how difficult it is, it is simply an impossible thing to do. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

Being in a crowded place, like a shopping mall, is the only alternative I feel somewhat comfortable with. I can just do my business there, and don't have to talk to anyone. There is of course the risk of running into people you know, especially in a small town, but that rarely happens to me.

she1slander

Oh definitely asking a date. I've managed to pull ALL of the situations with the exception of Sex/Nudity.. which I'm willing to admit 'cause not everyone is comfortable with their own skin being exposed (that triggers a horrible thought right there!). Having to speak to an authority figure, to the opposite sex, doing job interviews, being in a big crowd and giving speeches have been recurring scenes I've dealt with in the past and I'm somewhat managing well with lately. I've never been brave enough to ask someone on a date... EVER. Not even on the phone... ohh which also includes the part about Expressing one's love to another person or true feelings... that's something that I can probably attempt to do in writing. I've said stupid things to people before but that's something I've learned to deal with many times already... expressing my true feelings to someone that I'm deeply attracted to is something I equate to jumping off a cliff in a dream sequence. lol and then waking up teary-eyed that I never mustered up the courage to do that in reality. :(

KiaKaha

Banned
Starting a job is most uncomfortable for me.

No one likes the new guy. No one speaks to you, no one acknowledges you. You make mistakes, you have to ask questions which people get bothered by. You are under pressure to get things right, and there is this unspoken game of one upmanship that I just cant be bothered with...people are very unfriendly to new co workers for some reason... The whole process is awful. The last job I had made me feel borderline suicidal... they really really thought I was the biggest f*ckwit they had ever seen. I crumbled, became depressed and felt extremely foolish and unhappy.

Mr.Prez

Asking for a date for me for sure. I'm so scared that the person won't like me and will say "no"

SM1010

Probably approaching women (that I'm attracted to).

If they approach me I can converse with them perfectly fine. But I can't seem to approach them.