Sleeping problems

FriendlyShadow

Hi, so I've been having trouble at nights where it would take until hours or so to get me to fall asleep. I try closing my eyes, make my mind wander off and trying not to get so anxious with me trying to sleep. Most of the time, I can't sleep fine, but then others when i try to relax and I notice after hours I haven't fallen asleep, I get so anxious and start to get upset knowing I can fall asleep. I'm worried if I keep doing it though, my body will shut down. Has anyone else had this problem. What are some tips on how to sleep better?

Last edited:

jaim38

Tips to fall asleep:

1) Make your environment as dark as possible. I personally can't sleep with the lights on, most of the time

2) Make sure there's silence. I usually can't can't get a good night's sleep with noises such as loud stereo on.

3) Make yourself as comfortable as possible. If you gotta sleep with a stuffed animal, go for it. It's hard to fall asleep when you're feeling pain.

4) Don't go to sleep angry, jealous, or with any other strong emotion. It might keep you up all night.

5) Personally, I find exercise helps to use up some energy so that by the end of the day, I feel so tired I want to go to sleep.

mismeek

I find white noise, like a fan helps me.. i concentrate on the sound and it soothes me and i end up falling asleep.. it also masks all the sounds my grandparents make up stairs. Im a very light sleeper..

a glass of cherry juice one hour before bed helps too. Its helps release the same brain chemicals that helps you relax before you sleep.

mismeek

and melatonin.. it works for alot of people too.. you can get it in an oil or a pill

ukmale

Download isleep its a deep breathing relaxation audio thing great helps me sleep dude try it

Zod

For me what helps a good nights sleep most is feeling like I really fulfilled my day. Worked hard, made progress or whatever. Then I am tired and fall asleep like a rose, without even worrying about it. If I feel like "another day wasted" I often worry my arse off in bed, and feel restless. But sleep can become a pretty vicious cycle, if you sleep badly, then the next day will be bad and unproductive and so on.

Exercise helps as well as knowing when to stop eating after a certain point. Don't overdo caffeine, if at all. And of course stick to a proper sleep schedule. It's all easier said then done, I know, especially if you really want something, there's mental pressure.

Melatonin can help, but only use it in small doses, and only used a few times to push you in the right direction sleep-cycle wise. It makes me feel like walking around with a stuffed head the next day, like the brain is in a fog. Not a pleasant feeling.

Last edited: