Labyrinthine

I quite like using skype as a messenger. The video chatting features.. Well, I don't enjoy them quiet as much. I've only done it with people that I've known for quite a while. It's hard for me to talk to someone for the first time in that manner. Once I get over that hurdle, I'm fine.

mikebird

Banned
Something good just happened on Skype. It's such an ideal social tool, way beyond just some voice and video. No silly number.. 134567564 777645
A proper secure ID for you to choose, in letters

I started using it in 2003 and what's changed over the years (the software version does not matter. It does exactly the same). People I regularly speak to you have been added. It's who is online, and when. People across the planet in different timezones. I often chat at awkward times as I'm just about to rush to get to London for work, and she's online at night... I usually get a bit late to the office, because it's so compelling to see her video and smiles for a few minutes...

Today I got back from a heavy gym session, ending on an ultimate high (as I write) biking to and back home in serious rain in traffic. I love it! Soaking :eek:

Got some failed Skype calls from Dad so called back. Then another person, my schoolfriend's Mum, a psychologist (um... good to meet a new family, now my Mum's gone) Conference Call is something I've never tried in my life. Always known about it. This is a time to get together, thru a school connection. Chatting together. Never used before. I was called the host, as I added others. I got people together

It's people that matter. Not the software - it's not a toy. It's better than the phone.

Yes, facebook has similarities. But Skype is in pole position. The only way I discovered facebook was when a Skype girl told me about it

So far, I've never spoken anyone who's American yet. I wonder why

Last edited:
U

user deleted

Skype is alright. I like conference calls better than one-to-one voice calls though. I can type one-to-one but using my voice is a little different.

21NZ

I have Skype on 24/7 and i do talk to a couple of people via it, a week (people I've known 10-15 years plus) i think I've only Skyped with one person i didn't know , weirdly she was a hacker form Amsterdam and was taking pills and smoking (weed) at the same time... the people you meet online, aye.

i find it really awkward trying to talk to someone on skype when others can hear you (on both ends) and my house has paper thin walls :/

Id be happy too talk to anyone via textchat on it, just IM me and i'll give you my skype! and i would video call too if no ones home, except me (sadly never happens)

cowboyup

I've just started using Skype. PM me for username if interested.
I installed it because of my sister as she uses it and wanted to communicate that way.

Generally, I am on Skype on the weekends.

Stalker

I recently installed Skype. I have embarrassed when talking, talking only whith good friends from the internet. About half an hour, sometimes more. Because of social phobia are very tired.