Shyness and Inexperience: A deadly Combo?

Riiya

Originally Posted by SickJoke
-Touching her hair while talking to you
-Leaning towards you
-Keeping your eye contact
-Getting close to you
-Touching you
-Giggling with you
-Initiating conversations with you
-Smiling at you
-Tossing her hair and looking at you
-Glancing at you from a distance
-Complimenting you
-Playfully challenging you
-Using nicknames for you

Let me just add..

-Goes out of their way to be near/walk by you (when they clearly don't need to be there)
-Says hello almost everytime/if not everytime they see you
-Stares at you from afar when they think you or anyone else hasn't noticed
-Asks "How are you?'' or "Hows your day going?" (shows concern for you)
-Gives you things; cards, gifts, etc.

**This may apply mostly to men but i know i have done these things to show a shy guy i care as well....

Oh, these things are considered signals.

And all this time I thought I was just trying to be friendly. No wonder rumor has it that I'm a slut. Must watch my every move when I'm interacting with a male human being now.

j_brown2

Banned
Why are women so preocupied with this slut thing? Riya I think I know what's missing in your life

Last edited:

Jay Cataldo

Oh, these things are considered signals.

And all this time I thought I was just trying to be friendly. No wonder rumor has it that I'm a slut. Must watch my every move when I'm interacting with a male human being now.

Riiya... sweetie... these "signals" are the way your body responds unconsciously when you are attracted to a man. Since they are unconsicous responses, you won't be aware of them unless you are overtly trying to display these signals a la Tila Tequila to make a guy think he has a shot with you.

I'm sorry to inform you that neither flipping your hair, giggling or smiling equates to sluttiness. Of course, if you're in high school and flirty behavior makes others jealous (either because they like you or the guy you're flirting with), they will all call you a slut out of anger just like a girl will call a popular guy a "player" or "asshole" out of anger if he shuns her.

Now if you've slept with half the football team, I can see where the label is coming from, but if jumping from guy to guy makes you happy, then don't let anyone make you feel badly about it.

Riiya

Riiya... sweetie... these "signals" are the way your body responds unconsciously when you are attracted to a man. Since they are unconsicous responses, you won't be aware of them unless you are overtly trying to display these signals a la Tila Tequila to make a guy think he has a shot with you.

I'm sorry to inform you that neither flipping your hair, giggling or smiling equates to sluttiness. Of course, if you're in high school and flirty behavior makes them jealous (because they like you or the guy you're flirting with), they will all call you a slut out of anger just like a girl will call a popular guy a "player" or "asshole" out of anger if he shuns her.

Now if you've slept with half the football team, I can see where the label is coming from, but if jumping from guy to guy makes you happy, then don't let anyone make you feel badly about it.

Indeed, I intend to do just that.

TooShyShy

You're in high school? Ok, this explains alot...

If they think you are a slut, then you are doing something to give off that impression about yourself--not a good thing at all--you must be sending off those signals for people to be talking YOU MAY NOT EVEN REALIZE THAT YOU ARE but apparently you are SO BE CAREFUL, THAT IS A BAD LABEL TO GET RID OF!!!! I remember a few girls i went to school with being labeled that i always felt so sorry for them, i knew some of them were just innocently flirting (which is fine) but rumors do spread.

Look at what you're doing and try to change it, seriously guys will react to you (not so well all the time) and so will all the girls around you if you give off the "slut" vibe!!!!!

Last edited:

Jay Cataldo

You're in high school? Ok, this explains alot...

If they think you are a slut, then you are doing something to give off that impression about yourself--not a good thing at all--you must be sending off those signals for people to be talking YOU MAY NOT EVEN REALIZE THAT YOU ARE but apparently you are SO BE CAREFUL, THAT IS A BAD LABEL TO GET RID OF!!!! I remember a few girls i went to school with being labeled that i always felt so sorry for them, i knew some of them were just innocently flirting (which is fine) but rumors do spread.

Look at what you're doing and try to change it, seriously guys will react to you (not so well all the time) and so will all the girls around you if you give off the "slut" vibe!!!!!

Kids call each other names all the time and try to put each other down. It's not that big of a deal. Becoming completely self-conscious 24-7 in order to avoid being labeled by a bunch of insensitive people is not a good way to live life.

All girls run the risk of being labeled a slut no matter what they do, since the term is often thrown around for no good reason. Depending on who is doing the labeling, you may be called a slut if you:

a) screw 100 guys
b) sleep with another girl's boyfriend
c) kiss two different guys on the cheek
d) wear a short skirt
e) go overboard on the makeup one day
f) someone doesn't like you and wants to cause problems
g) (insert stupid reason here)

I can decide to label YOU a slut right now, for no good reason, and there's nothing you can do about it. So are you gonna try to change your behavior to make sure this doesn't happen again? I'm pretty sure the better choice would be to just not give a shit what others say about you. :)

I think it's wrong for you to make Riiya think that her behavior is the problem, especially when you know nothing about her. All that statement will do is make the poor girl paranoid for no reason, as opposed to helping her feel better about herself.

licorice

What about the male sluts?Oh I forgot they are studs,ha...Hey Salem you can rewrite the script on your movie cause Licorice did(as in past tense)have feelings for an SA male...

SalemEdgerton1

Oh ok well we could make it a Make-up Movie where the SA and the girl decide to work together to help the SA guy cope with his problems...or I guess I could just make a sequel to Babe. Babe 3: Babe Goes Hang Gliding. This summer, pigs can fly!

licorice

Salem that sounds like an emmy award winner,but how would the SA male help the girl? And just make sure none of the pigs get hurt during the making of Babe cause Im an animal lover,sometimes love them more than people...

SalemEdgerton1

Oh the pigs wouldn't. It'd all be CGI and if I play my cards right I can get Lucasfilm to produce it. That or we'd use green screens with padding so Babe wouldn't get hurt.

The SA guy would give her someone who actually listens to her and comments back on what she says rather than the other people around her simply half-listening or not really listening at all. He'd be the loyal friend who'd stick with her even after some of her other friends abandoned her after she found out she was pregnant.

licorice

Ah yes,someone who actually listens while you speak,that is so refreshing..The loyal friend?you mean boyfriend,would hate to have another bitter,jaded male saying "I was there for her,listened to all her man problems and all I got was friend zoned,thats what happens when youre the nice guy"..then some of them try being someone who they are not and deliberately behaving like jerks..

Jay Cataldo

The SA guy would give her someone who actually listens to her and comments back on what she says rather than the other people around her simply half-listening or not really listening at all. He'd be the loyal friend who'd stick with her even after some of her other friends abandoned her after she found out she was pregnant.

Can I play the role of the impregnator?

And Licorice... you've just been friend-zoned.

With this new proactive strategy, no guy will ever have to be friend-zoned again. I should turn this into a video and sell it for 50 G's.

Last edited:

licorice

Can I play the role of the impregnator?

And Licorice... you've just been friend-zoned.

With this new proactive strategy, no guy will ever have to be friend-zoned again. I should turn this into a video and sell it for 50 G's.

Sure Jay,menopausal women are "safe"....And do you promise? think of all the walkers you can buy with 50 grand...

Jay Cataldo

Sure Jay,menopausal women are "safe"....And do you promise? think of all the walkers you can buy with 50 grand...

I'm flattered by how jealous you are, but these rude comments about Matilda and the girls won't win you my heart anytime soon. To be quite honest, you're gonna need cosmetic surgery if you wanna compete. I know a great doctor in NY who could fit you with a pacemaker and colostomy bag. So hot...

SalemEdgerton1

Ah yes,someone who actually listens while you speak,that is so refreshing..The loyal friend?you mean boyfriend,would hate to have another bitter,jaded male saying "I was there for her,listened to all her man problems and all I got was friend zoned,thats what happens when youre the nice guy"..then some of them try being someone who they are not and deliberately behaving like jerks..

Well I think guys tend to misunderstand the difference between "being there" and actually being there. Showing you truly care and want to help them but also knowing when the other person needs her space and wants to be alone is something I think girls really admire. Sometimes it leads to just friendship but sometimes I believe it can go further.

And yes Jay...you may be the Impregnator...or the evil Bacon-loving Hang glider punk in Babe 3 your choice.

licorice

I cant speak for other women Salem,but I personally need some space,but within reason..I think a good balance between being attentive and giving breathing room is ideal...Who wants to stop short and have someone up their a...but then who wants to feel unacknowledged and unappreciated,its like this delicate balance you have to strike..And sure it can lead to more than a friendship,but every situation is different like every relationship is different..What works for some people may not work for others..And easy over there Paris!

SalemEdgerton1

I cant speak for other women Salem,but I personally need some space,but within reason..I think a good balance between being attentive and giving breathing room is ideal...Who wants to stop short and have someone up their a...but then who wants to feel unacknowledged and unappreciated,its like this delicate balance you have to strike..And sure it can lead to more than a friendship,but every situation is different like every relationship is different..What works for some people may not work for others..And easy over there Paris!

I think for anyone really a good balance with every aspect of life is important...and really hard. It's kinda like cooking food. Sometimes you may get the recipe right and the food's absolutely amazing, but other times it'll just be missing that kick and won't be as good. I have a nasty habit of trying to help too much and probably not giving enough space though I really haven't had much practice with it unfortunately. I honestly believe that most girls feel the way you do.