sex trafficking = prostitution

rosewood

dad continued on as before. bro left home at 18. he is a self made man now working as an free-lance architect in ca. dad died in 2002. my memory came back in 2004. mom passed in 2012.

very proud of my twin... :)

Solitudes_Grace

All prostitutes are victims in one way or another. Some are forced into the industry. Some enter it because they have no other viable alternatives to make a decent living. Others who exercise "agency" and supposedly "choose" to be prostitutes because they like it are victims of false consciousness. Selling one's body for sex is one of the most objectifying and dehumanizing things human beings can possibly do to themselves. Those who opt to be prostitutes because they actually want to have been socialized into thinking that the body is more valuable than the mind; thus, they make the decision to allow their bodies to be bought and sold as a commodity. It's like self-induced slavery. They're being exploited, and they don't even realize it. Selling flesh is inherently dehumanizing. In this way, I think such people are victims as well. I pity all prostitutes.

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
... but ill not risk feeding their misery just to feel some physical pleasure.

I guess they do this job for a reason and if everyone was so charitable like you, they would soon run out of customers and would have to choose some ****ty minimum wage job, which not seldom is a dirty slavery not much different to prostitution (like carework for example, cleaning people´s ****, washing their private parts, putting up with all kind of abuse etc,), with the difference that prostitution is at least humanly paid.

Lowlight

From what I’m hearing I think there are several different things being discussed here. First we have the human sex trafficking that involves children and adults from foreign countries being shipped around for people to molest/have sex with. Secondly we have people domestically who have broken lives that turn to prostitution as a means of survival. Third we have people who, of their own free will, choose to prostitute as a profession.

Something I think about is the possible positive effects of legalizing prostitution (not sex trafficking) between consenting adults in the US. The first reason is that, morally, when two consenting adults want to have sex, I feel that the government has no business or right to interfere with that decision.

Secondly I think that if prostitution (not sex trafficking) were legal the general welfare of the sex workers themselves would be better. Instead of walking the streets looking to be picked up by possible lunatics, the sex workers could work at a sanitary and safe brothel with security personnel. They wouldn’t have to work for and pay a pimp, who often mistreats them, in order to survive. Most importantly you are not creating criminals out of the sex workers or the clients. Professional brothels could be taxed and or regulated. They also could offer access to drug counseling and other mental health services for the sex workers. Sex workers wouldn’t have to feel they are worthless or dirty, but instead just offering a service to the public.

Just some thoughts.

mismeek

Secondly I think that if prostitution (not sex trafficking) were legal the general welfare of the sex workers themselves would be better. Instead of walking the streets looking to be picked up by possible lunatics, the sex workers could work at a sanitary and safe brothel with security personnel. They wouldn’t have to work for and pay a pimp, who often mistreats them, in order to survive. Most importantly you are not creating criminals out of the sex workers or the clients. Professional brothels could be taxed and or regulated. They also could offer access to drug counseling and other mental health services for the sex workers. Sex workers wouldn’t have to feel they are worthless or dirty, but instead just offering a service to the public.

Just some thoughts.

like germany! the girls there get insurance!

Xervello

dad continued on as before. bro left home at 18. he is a self made man now working as an free-lance architect in ca. dad died in 2002. my memory came back in 2004. mom passed in 2012.

very proud of my twin... :)

Good for your brother. :)

And how are you doing these days?

thegunners21

From what I’m hearing I think there are several different things being discussed here. First we have the human sex trafficking that involves children and adults from foreign countries being shipped around for people to molest/have sex with. Secondly we have people domestically who have broken lives that turn to prostitution as a means of survival. Third we have people who, of their own free will, choose to prostitute as a profession.

Something I think about is the possible positive effects of legalizing prostitution (not sex trafficking) between consenting adults in the US. The first reason is that, morally, when two consenting adults want to have sex, I feel that the government has no business or right to interfere with that decision.

Just some thoughts.

good post..agree 100%

FallenFeathers

I guess they do this job for a reason and if everyone was so charitable like you, they would soon run out of customers and would have to choose some ****ty minimum wage job, which not seldom is a dirty slavery not much different to prostitution (like carework for example, cleaning people´s ****, washing their private parts, putting up with all kind of abuse etc,), with the difference that prostitution is at least humanly paid.

I'm sure they do actually do it for a reason your right, that was my exact point.

I just feel a lot of the time that reason is sheer desperation if it's in a country with no safe zones for them or legalized districts.

I'm sure there are some who feel empowered by having that control or just by having sex..or those who are willing or just able to detach themselves from the act because they view the money and risks as being worth it, some maybe even enjoy it. But in countries where their are no safe zones, or it isn't legal, I wonder if being "Humanly paid" is actually worth it, when your not treated as human, you get beat... or raped because someone decides they are going to take it by force

I don't judge them for it, I just feel it's tragic that circumstances can lead to that, then as a society we further punish them and make it more dangerous despite the fact it is going to go on regardless.

Last edited by a moderator: