Selfish people

hidwell

Why are people so selfish, they only care about there problems, what annoys them. They have little interest in other peoples problems. Its all about them, they just really piss me off :mad:

coyote

despite our outward trappings

we humans are no different than any other animal

ask a tiger what they care about

we're all just looking out for ourselves

it's good to understand that

spring

I agree with coyote.

every one cares more about themselves,which is how it should be
for example I am the center of my own existence as much as I try to care about others

Shyangel

Coyote did make a great point. So did you, spring, what you said makes a lot of sense.

I know I'm selfish. So, I don't have much else to say. I wish I wasn't.

Nanita

Its necessary to care for one self.
But I find that it is a good exercise to practice non-ego thoughts and behaviour.
To stop thinking about myself and focus on something else (for a while) can be a relief.

sullyS25

Its necessary to care for one self.
But I find that it is a good exercise to practice non-ego thoughts and behaviour.
To stop thinking about myself and focus on something else (for a while) can be a relief.

I agree completely...."It is by self-forgetting that one finds..."I also think it is ironic to complain about people being selfish because to me that implies that you wish they would think about you and your situation more....which in itself is selfish also.

Kat

Everything in moderation. There is only so much you can give before you yourself are empty, it’s frustrating when people are a bottomless pit of problems and you wonder how productive it is helping these people.

YellowBird

sometimes i think our problem is we are beta males/females,perhaps it's a stupid idea but hey,they do experiment with anti anxiety pills with rats,guess which type of rats are the subjects?

cosmosis

I don't know if I agree with the idea that we are all just looking after ourselves.

I have a bunch of hens and one rooster right now. When I go outside and give them treats. The rooster will run right to where the treats drop and make a funny sound to show the hens where it droped. Even though its his favorite as well, he will refuse to eat any unless the hens have had their fill.

Ask a mother if she cares more about herself than her child. That she would die if it meant saving her baby. That's the most obvious example, but most people feel much better when they give and sacrafice for others. I think society, especially western society, values the self over others. It's like a capitalistic warrior society we live in. It's great for the economy, but not so good for our wellbeing. It's just not balanced.

breakthespell

I admit, I'm a selfish person, but that's also because I don't have any energy left to spend on others after dealing with my own ****.

LazyHermitCrab

I try to give people advice and stuff, but I don't just go around helping people unless i truely trust them. This is only few ppl, so it hardly goes noticed by people wondering why someone is selfish.

razzle dazzle rose

This can be a big problem in a friendship. It does bother me when people just go on and on talking about themselves and their problems and they never ask me anything about myself. It's not just that they have little interest in my problems; they just have no interest in me period. Makes me wonder if I should bother talking to people like that. Friendships are a give and take, right? I don't really want the role of therapist...well, maybe if I were getting paid :p