Self acceptance

THeCARS1979

No not really I even tried to delete it with the Dore program with use of exercises and all and it worked a little. Then I started Neurofeedback electrodes therapy and although i liked the results the end result wasn't as I expected to be. I expected to be better then this even though the sweating of my hands disappeared. Im happy with that but I feel stuck now

nicole1

I agree Sacrament and Pyrophosphate. I think many of us who go through all of this are fine how we are. When I accepted myself and said forget the society's standards and definition of normal, I realized how happy I was. I'm happy as I am and I don't chase normal any longer.

IntheLabyrinth

You should, otherwise it won't get better.

You're right but I just can't! I guess years of bullying in middle school and parents that never helped me see my self-worth have left me incapable of believing it on an emotional level. On an intellectual level, I fully believe that everyone including myself is important.

IntheLabyrinth

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea why I accept who I am while so many others do not. Maybe it's not so much self-explanatory, but it is all the explanation that I know how to give.

Sorry, I didn't need to point out that it wasn't self-explanatory. I'm just in a bad mood. I'm glad you have self-acceptance because you are the only person you need to feel accepted by. With that, you can build up your self-esteem and be able get rid of or at least minimize your SA to an acceptable/functionable level.

Sacrament

You're right but I just can't! I guess years of bullying in middle school and parents that never helped me see my self-worth have left me incapable of believing it on an emotional level. On an intellectual level, I fully believe that everyone including myself is important.

The alternative is you being miserable, so, between looking at yourself rationally (thus realizing the advantages of being you and working on yourself), and being miserable and far away from being at peace with who you are, why choose the latter? You deserve to be happy, and you need to tell yourself that.

nicole1

The alternative is you being miserable, so, between looking at yourself rationally (thus realizing the advantages of being you and working on yourself), and being miserable and far away from being at peace with who you are, why choose the latter? You deserve to be happy, and you need to tell yourself that.

This! I agree tons.