Seeing a word you write it...

Masychefx2

Banned
and while your writing it, it looks foreign like a different language and then later you see it and it just looks like regular...

i dunno this just happened it was weird

Damaged

Yeah i get this when you write a word over and over again then i second guess myself if its actually a real word :D

Masychefx2

Banned
i was typing in the other thread the word 'hundred' i went to google it cos i thought it looked very stange now it looks normal

garry29

and while your writing it, it looks foreign like a different language and then later you see it and it just looks like regular...

i dunno this just happened it was weird

Ye, I know what you mean. I wouldn't be able to spell if it weren't for the spell checker.

Ashiene

If sometimes I stare at a person I know for a long time, like parents or sibling, I find they look so strange, like someone I have never seen before. There is a term for such an experience but I cannot remember what it's called.

dooby-duck

I had that the other day with the word yellow. I often think words look strange and have to write out several versions to decide which looks right, then google them to make sure they are right.

Very interesting thread. Yeah, I've had it too. Sometimes there are simple words that I suddenly felt were odd. Despite having used them hundreds or maybe thousands of times.

If sometimes I stare at a person I know for a long time, like parents or sibling, I find they look so strange, like someone I have never seen before. There is a term for such an experience but I cannot remember what it's called.

oh yeah this!!!
and trhe word thing.
and with other stuff too..

oh yeah this!!!
and trhe word thing.
and with other stuff too..

There was also a couple of times probably due to extreme stress... that I saw myself in the mirror and wondered who it was (literally). And sometimes I do too much work and suddenly wonder who I am, what I am doing here... as in... even basic concepts like I'm human is gone... It's like a complete mind wipe. Not the 'what is my purpose in life'... but more like... well, even the concept of words are gone.

But that happens only when I'm really stressed.

Eam

Very interesting thread. Yeah, I've had it too. Sometimes there are simple words that I suddenly felt were odd. Despite having used them hundreds or maybe thousands of times.

Yeah this is exactly the case for me. Been a while since it's last happened though.

I think if you enlarge the text it can cause it.

bigrob

I do that too! I'm REALLY bad.

If I go shopping with my wife and we get separated sometimes I see her and don't realize it's her until she reacts to me.

I do the word thing too...things just don't look right...or maybe I don't remember writing it.

I'm sure it has something to do with derealization/derationalization/depersonalization or some other dissociation disorder.