Secrets

singing-love

I'm curious, everyone has secrets, it's part of life. But when your secret is effecting your relationship do you think it's time to open up, despite what you think the consequences may be?

I don't know.

Draconess25

I'd say so. They may be angry about the secret itself, and angry learning that you kept something from them, but if they truly love and respect you, they'll at least be happy you eventually were honest. Just tell them in person unless they know you have SA.

MikeyC

The biggest need in a successful relationship is trust. Keeping secrets probably isn't a good thing. However, there are some secrets that I'm sure you want to keep to your grave (I know I do). If it's affecting the relationship, maybe it's time to talk about it.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
It all depends on the secret.

Don't you just love "non-answers"? :D

Seriously though, people should generally be open about important things. Unless the "secret" is an affair.

In those cases, the unfaithful party should privately settle things themselves, or else move on.

If it's unavoidable, it should be handled as gently as possible, but in the spirit of honesty, and with the other person's best-interest at heart.

jaim38

I think secrets like plastic surgeries and loans should be shared with your partner. I want to be able to share secrets with my partner before we commit to each other. If I know my partner won't accept my secrets after opening up, then we're probably not right for each other. That's why it's important to have a partner who is open minded and share the same values.

ImNotMyIllness

I think secrets like plastic surgeries and loans should be shared with your partner. I want to be able to share secrets with my partner before we commit to each other. If I know my partner won't accept my secrets after opening up, then we're probably not right for each other. That's why it's important to have a partner who is open minded and share the same values.

I agree. I also want to be able to open up as well as listen.