School

Insanewoman389

I was wondering how many people on here haven't finished school? Its just I never finished school and while I'm gonna try and get my GED I was wondering if its possible to get a job without the GED and having never finished school. I just....I'm still not ready to try and get my GED again but lately I've been wanting to get a job lol XD. Also for anyone who's had a job whats a good job for people with SA?

Iluv

I'm trying to finish school. Getting a job is hard now a days with no high school diploma or GED.

Insanewoman389

I'm trying to finish school. Getting a job is hard now a days with no high school diploma or GED.

Really?! That's awesome! I hope it goes well :]

Yea I thought so I just... I think a job would give me something to do and help me be more independent *sighs* oh well....

MikeyC

Getting a job is difficult regardless of anything, but getting a GED (whatever that actually is, haha) seems to be a good step. I hope you do get it, Insanewoman. :)

You could still apply for jobs without those things and try your luck but with SA it might be a little bit difficult.

Insanewoman389

Getting a job is difficult regardless of anything, but getting a GED (whatever that actually is, haha) seems to be a good step. I hope you do get it, Insanewoman. :)

You could still apply for jobs without those things and try your luck but with SA it might be a little bit difficult.

A GED is a degree without going to high school. Its just a test on a bunch of subjects and you have to score so high and its essentially you're high school diploma. I hope I get it too but I'm still not ready for it especially after what happened the first time I tried to do it :/

Yea I'm a little worried about the SA but I'm more worried about not even getting a chance for the job cause I don't have a diploma :(

Thanks for replying by the way :D

MikeyC

A GED is a degree without going to high school. Its just a test on a bunch of subjects and you have to score so high and its essentially you're high school diploma. I hope I get it too but I'm still not ready for it especially after what happened the first time I tried to do it :/

Yea I'm a little worried about the SA but I'm more worried about not even getting a chance for the job cause I don't have a diploma :(

Thanks for replying by the way :D
What happened last time you tried to do it?

You can only try at getting the job...that's the best you can do and with any luck you'll get a bite. :)

Insanewoman389

What happened last time you tried to do it?

You can only try at getting the job...that's the best you can do and with any luck you'll get a bite. :)

The last time I had a really bad anxiety attack and ended up not finishing the classes :'(

True... :]

Thelema

You can find books for passing the GED with even practice tests you can take.

I took a class at the community college and aced the GED. It's really very easy and people make it seem hard when it's easy to pass.

Etbow23

I had some issues in high school but did finish with a diploma. I got an associate's degree 2 months ago & am still at community college but am going to transfer somewhere else in fall.

Studying is kind of safe place for me.

WeirdyMcGee

I went through highschool and managed to pass; despite my agoraphobia and panic/anxiety disorder.

My grades were high enough that my teachers and the rest of the school staff allowed me to 'secretly' do all of my work from home and make up hours in the office on the day or so/month that I would come to school to hand things in.
As long as I kept up my grades and handed things in on time- no one complained.
Everyone knew I was agoraphobic, and they knew why I was, too. It was a small town-- everyone knew everything.

I graduated and entered my first choice college but dropped out 3/4 through my first year because of a lack of money to pay rent and tuition on my own.

I was fortunate enough to graduate.
I think that it would be possible for everyone to graduate from highschool if they could be open about their problems-- but I suppose there are many other elements and issues at work, as well.
Some circumstances people cannot change and can't work around.
It would be to your benefit to get your GED, though-- absolutely. Many employers won't hire someone or give them a higher position if they have not graduated. It's a good safety net to have at the very least.

Good luck!

Imaginary

I got out from college, and now I am more for an unemployed, my side job is illustartor freelance, but the income is less if I have to save for my future, so far I can only ask my family, I want to get a more decent job so I could save and buy what I want without having anyone else who opposed.

If my sister will married, my mother told me to go to college again, I don't know, but I'll try, even if I have graduated, could I easily to get a job, because I think a degree was useless if my phobia is not go away.

Insanewoman389

I went through highschool and managed to pass; despite my agoraphobia and panic/anxiety disorder.

My grades were high enough that my teachers and the rest of the school staff allowed me to 'secretly' do all of my work from home and make up hours in the office on the day or so/month that I would come to school to hand things in.
As long as I kept up my grades and handed things in on time- no one complained.
Everyone knew I was agoraphobic, and they knew why I was, too. It was a small town-- everyone knew everything.

I graduated and entered my first choice college but dropped out 3/4 through my first year because of a lack of money to pay rent and tuition on my own.

I was fortunate enough to graduate.
I think that it would be possible for everyone to graduate from highschool if they could be open about their problems-- but I suppose there are many other elements and issues at work, as well.
Some circumstances people cannot change and can't work around.
It would be to your benefit to get your GED, though-- absolutely. Many employers won't hire someone or give them a higher position if they have not graduated. It's a good safety net to have at the very least.

Good luck!

I think its awesome that you were able to do all that and I wish I could have been able to do that. I'm not saying I'm not gonna try cause I really want the GED I just... I think I might have a learning disability cause every time I try to study or make plans to I just can never seem to do it :/ Its just become such a habit I guess to procrastinate that now its hard for me to do anything that and I'm still upset about the fact that I pretty much had a break down the first time I tried to get my GED so I'm not too keen on the idea of doing it. But I think later in the year maybe like October or November I'll really try to get it cause hopefully by then I'll have worked through some stuff with my therapist and be more up to doing it cause I really wanna get it.