Saying "I'm Busy"

MNM322

Does this always mean you are annoying/bothering someone if they say this to you? I am not just meaning as in dating etc but also in friends/family.... or are people legit busy sometimes? How can you tell if its a blow off or your annoying them or they are really busy?

surewhynot

Sure, people are often busy. If someone keeps making excuses everytime you talk to him, that might mean something though.

truffleshuffle

Does this always mean you are annoying/bothering someone if they say this to you? I am not just meaning as in dating etc but also in friends/family.... or are people legit busy sometimes? How can you tell if its a blow off or your annoying them or they are really busy?
Yes people can become busy in life
but it also depends I think on how they say it and what they do after. If they just say I'm Busy" and then don;t really talk to the person for awhile and kinda ignore them it could have been a blow off. I always worrie about that kinda stuff myself becasue I have a issue where I think im always annoying people and I don;t want to be that kind of person and I can never really read a person real well. I usualy take peoples word at face value so if they say there busy I go along with that for awhile unless its a every time we talk thing or until it seems that they are ignoring me then I start to over think everything. For me if I was annoying them it would be much eazier if they just came out and said something at least in a nice way. It may sting or hurt a bit but then I would not wonder all the time if im bothering the other person.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I think it depends on context. Sometimes it's a blow-off, other times they are legitimately busy.

Hoppy

Some people are always busy. Some are even to busy to come and visit me, or to busy to invite me.

For people such as that I always say: "I am also busy, I spend my free time looking for people who are not too busy to invite me."

And sometimes for me busy means playing games or reading. It is nothing personal, I just need the time alone.