Road Rage Panic Attack

Rick7348

Yesterday I was driving and I pulled up to a 4 way stop. A man got out of his car and yelled at me saying I was riding his bumper. He said he had 3 kids in the car and said something along the lines of punching me through the glass and he told me not to do it again. I apologized and nearly had a panic attack at what had just happened. I realize the chances of running into this guy again is slim and I'm definitely going to be more careful as I drive down the road as to not ride too close to someone's bumper. Has anybody else been in a similar situation and what do you think the chances are that I'll run into this guy again on the road? Please respond.

mrb

well you did say sorry so i dont soppose he will do anything if he did see you mate , but people like that are idiots , iv been cut up in cars by blokes , girls , i never get cross , the way i see it is we all make mistakes , hey last year some woman nearly smashed right into the front of my car and had to slam her brakes on hard :eek: she wound down her window looking a little red faced and said im sorry ,i said really ? how sorry are you :confused: like give me your phone number sorry :D hahahahahaha we both just laughed and she drove off , naaaa dont worry about it mate , just give cars a little more room in front ;)

Last edited:

Masychefx2

Banned
you apoligised which is good

but one thing i hate when im driving is people tailing the back of my car it makes me so nervous

mrb

Seems to me that guy has serious psychological issues. lol. I think you definitely did the right thing; I would've done the same.

People like that really shouldn't be reproducing btw. ;)

i agree and god knows what his kids thought in the back of his car seeing there dad carry on like that :confused:

dooby-duck

He should be more careful than to pick a fight with a complete stranger when he has three kids in the back of his car to look after. If he was that concerned surely he could have pulled over and let you past.

Emily_G

I hate it when people ride my tail, makes me so nervous! But the chances of you seeing him again are slim to none :) So no worries!

panicgirl

The chances of running into him are slim to none. Do you live in a big City? Even if you did run into him again, he probably wouldn't remember you, and even if he did.. what's he really going to do? He obviously isn't going to punch you through the glass. Just drive more carefully next time and try to keep a safe distance from you and the car in front of you :)

fitftw

he might have been having a bad day. 3 kids will do that to a man. Try to shrug it off.

Meisiemel

Since you apologized and didn't hurt his pride by arguing, he probably cooled down fast and won't be looking out for you and if he should happen to see you again he probably won't do anything to you.
I don't drive but I've done a few careless things as a pedestrian and been yelled at. I know how upsetting it is, especially when one actually was at fault.It's a terrible feeling to have done something wrong that could have caused an accident.If I was in your shoes I'd probably be thinking of changing the color of my car to make sure the guy won't recognize me in the unlikely event he does end up near me on the road again.