Respect?

Luna1740

You shouldn't feel bad about turning your back on disrespectful, because all that life is is one big sandbox and you need to just keep it filled with people that you can learn from and like, because you'll always end up being like the people that you are around.

People are so cruel and disrespectful because it gives them a sense of empowerment in a life they otherwise have no control over

mads

If people dont treat your right, they dont deserve your friendship. As simple is that I think.:)

Completely understandable I made a post about annoyances a while back, it had somewhat to do with respect. I live in a college apartment complex, and there is not many that see to be respectful here. You get people that slam doors at night, or early morning. People that party next door with the door open etc. People that put there music on with the bass turned all the way up, making the whole building vibrate. There is lack of respect outside of the apartments too, it is everywhere. I never have understood it and it upsets me a lot.

On a side note: Am I the only one that thinks others should respect noise levels and be quite. I tip toe to the bathroom at night even, and if I know my roommate is sleeping I will not do anything noisy, though I rarely do anyway.

DanFC

I take respect pretty seriously. But people usually give me a superficial respect since I usually have that look indicating I might stab anyone who looks at me the wrong way, not that such a perception is incorrect XD Regardless, I don't bother with people who have a general sense of disrespect or disdain towards others, or are otherwise presumptuous.

agoraphobickatie

i find that people who are just generally disrespectful, tend to have a lot of their own issues, that they may not even really realize... ultimately, it's up to you to decide what you want to do about them.. as for myself, i just don't have the time to try to "fix" people or give them a chance if they don't act like they want it, deserve it or are even trying to make an effort to better themselves either. ya know?

basically.. i have issues of my own, and i'm trying to work on my own issues for myself, to better myself. do i let my own issues affect others around me negatively? no, i try not to and i certainly never mean for it to. so if someone doesn't want to show the same 'respect' to me, then i just don't have time for it... people who aren't worried about bettering themselves, certainly can't do anything for me, so i just try to keep away from them and let them handle their own things...

Hellhound

Super Moderator
If someone is disrespectful to me, I hate them. Once I hate them, there's no way they can earn any positive feeling from me, because they are enemies in my eyes. I rarely change my mind, unless they do something reaaaally good. To me people are either good or bad. I know it's not a good way of seeing things... but I can't help it.