Research Participants Wanted: Benzodiazepines and Health

Hi all,

My name is Aneliese and I’m a Doctor of Psychology Candidate at the University of Tasmania.

WE'RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO TAKE BENZODIAZEPINES TO CONTRIBUTE TO A SURVEY:
We’re investigating the relationship between short and long-term benzodiazepine use and day to day living. We’re interested in areas such as driving, accidents, slips of memory and how you think benzodiazepines affect your life.

Why this research is important:

Benzodiazepines are widely prescribed medications with a variety of beneficial effects. A great deal is known about the immediate effects when you first start taking the medications, for example, they can affect your thinking and driving. However, the impact when people have been taking them for days, weeks and months is less clear. As such, it is important that research examines the association between benzodiazepines, health, and driving over time.

We need people:
  • Who have used a benzodiazepine in the last 12 months
  • Are over 18 years of age
  • Who have a current driver’s licence
  • Who live in Australia
The survey is online, anonymous and takes about 25 minutes to complete

In appreciation of your time, at the end of the survey, you may choose to enter a draw to WIN 1 OF 3 $500 COLES-MYER VOUCHERS!

To find out more:

This study has been approved by the Tasmanian Social Sciences Human Research Ethics Committee (Reference Number: H12343) and is expected to run from August 2013 to December 2014.

Thanks for your time :)

Kiwong

A chance to win a Coles-Myer voucher!! Don't take drugs unfortunately, except for Pepsi Max.

Haha Kihira and Kiwong, I have plenty of people saying 'if you give me some Benzos I'll do your survey' but that's not quite what I'm after!!

....and Remus, yes there are certainly some horror stories out there - I'm hoping to get participants at all durations of benzo use, to fully capture the picture.

Hi all,

Hope you've had a great holiday period. I'm still busy recruiting for this study, so if you think you fit the criteria I would greatly appreciate you completing the survey.

Thanks very much, Aneliese

Still recruiting - please consider completing the survey if it applies to you.

We are looking for people who:
- Have used a benzodiazepine in the last 12 months
- Are over 18 years of age
- Have a current driver’s licence
- Are living in Australia

Find the survey at: www.tinyurl.com/utasbenzo

3 x $500 Coles-Myer Vouchers up for grabs!!

Thanks

hoddesdon

I agree with Remus - benzodiazepines are a nightmare. My doctor's previous practice refused to prescribe them. I have never taken them, so I am afraid I am not much use to you.

hoddesdon

If you take benzodiazepines regularly then you have a fifty per cent higher chance of getting dementia.