Relationship obsessions

Omega

So basically I've recently started seeing this girl and everything was going fine until I had to come back to uni to do exams.
I'm now seperated from her for 2 weeks, which is where the problem starts.
I always mess these things up because I overthink like crazy :kickingmyself: worst case scenarios start coming to mind and I start trying to find information on facebook that will tell me if shes into someone else.

Long story short I'm freaking out cuz I know I'm going to put her off me by being really obsessive. :sad:

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Are there any ways to stop my anxiety taking over?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I start trying to find information on facebook that will tell me if shes into someone else.

Stop that. It's stalkerish behavior typical from posessive, abusive guys.

Trust your partner more, leave her alone with her life, then she will have no reason to cheat on you. If you treat her like this, you're only going to push her away. It's creepy.

And even if she liked some other guy, if she's not gonna cheat on you, why do you care? A lot of people are in a relationship or even married, yet they still find other people attractive. That doesn't mean they're going to leave their spouse.

Honda

You are being needy and insecure... This will give any girl the vibe that you are not confident about yourself and are not happy with yourself; which is a reason for them to avoid you..

Once you learn to accept yourself (with all its faults and strengths), work on building a better you, invest in your potential or strengths, follow your passions and occupy your life with stuff you love doing and people you enjoy being with you slowly start losing this attitude, obsession, paranoia and girls will sense you are interesting well rounded person.

It will always be difficult to approach girls at the first moment but when you are satisfied with yourself it wont be that much of a difficulty and when a girl is genuinely attracted to you, she will help you hook up...

Also, bear in mind, you lead the relationship and you are the one she expects to give her the good times..

Tuukka40

Find something enjoyable to occupy your time. It will keep your mind off it and make time go faster.

Xervello

If she didn't like you, she wouldn't be with you. If you start being different than that (an obsessive jerk) then that's the surest way to lose her. You can't control how another person feels. And even if you could, Would you? If the answer is yes, you've got problems. Seeing as how you can't control another person's feelings, just be yourself and enjoy what you have.

Omega

Thanks for the advice guys. Since I posted this ive done alot of thinking. I feel reassured that everythings going to be okay but I know what I'm like for making myself worry. I'm gonna try my best to do what you all suggest. My main problem is coming to the worst conclusions, then obsessing over them, so I guess I need to preoccupy myself and trust in her and myself.

Thanks alot guys =]

Dariushka

Oh overthinking requires a separate thread.. I'm breaking my own records doing it to myself. Always at a loss eventually.

Rodrigue

Try not to think about her everytime, and I'm sure that if she is for you she will come back. However, if she came back to you, or cheated on you, never ever go angry and be bad to her. Because if you were bad to her, then she will think that by breaking the relationship she saw your "true face". And I am sure that you are gentle, so always control yourself, be positive and do good whatever the results are.