Really don't want to go!! :(

coriander1992

I am meant to be going into college on Wednesday and Thursday for an induction-style thing and really do not want to go.

They are saying it's an oppertunity to meet your teachers and fellow students, well I don't want to fucking meet any of them! :evil:

I have to spend the next two years of my life in that stupid place full of stupid, fake people simply surviving. I seriously doubt i'll do well there, I hate the place already and I haven't even started there yet.

To make it even worse, I have to miss the first week or so of college, so i'll be totatally out-of-sync with everything from the start.
I hate this country and this stupid way of life.

Anybody have anything to say that might make me feel better? :?

[/Rant]

Richey

i believe in you!

in a week i'm going through the same experiance by starting a 2 year course so you are not alone . ..

i'm aslo out of action for the first week because of my last week at my job ..

stay positive and think of your career, you might meet new friends to.

presentations?! everyone is as nervous as each other getting in front og the class so its an even playing field and if people get on your nerves then block them out and pave your own path ..

stay strong eh

coriander1992

Thanks Richey. It''s good to know that I am not alone in going through this!

I wish you the best of luck with your course :)

Richey

i actually wanted to travel to europe and portugal, england mid year...

its funny how plans change though when the offer came in the mail 8O

haha thanks and i know you'll do just fine

GKJB

You've got to give yourself a chance. What course are you doing?

I just finished 2 years at college & spent 50% of that time staying at home, but there were some really genuinely nice people in my class, I just found it hard to bond with them because I'm completely different.

That said it really wasn;t that bad sitting on my own every day getting on with things, college is completely different to school, people don;t tend to judge you because they get on with their own things, you can pretty much act how you like & they won;t even notice.

Meet the right sort of people and you can really enjoy college, though this wasn;t the case with me, I got really close with my tutor who was probably one of the nicest people I;ve ever met.

I hope everything goes well for you, just try not to think about it at all up until the day you're going, it'll help you to keep your mind clear because you won't have so many doubts about it. Remember, start as you mean to go on... if you're quiet and nervous from the start then people will know what to expect from you, if you try conveying a certain personality then it'll confuse people when you're having one of those really hard days, which might make them think you;re a bit weird :roll:

good luck :wink:

milo001

hey there,you know if you went there maybe you might meet some nice peoples that maybe your friends and will be able to help later.not everyone is bad some peoples is nice.i know i'll scared and nervous as well if i'll be going to study in a new place for the next couple of years and you might dislike it.i remembered 2 years ago when i'm in college i always felt my heart is so heavy like it's a burden and i'm always uncomfortable.i left after 2 months.don't be like me. :( think of something good and positive.

NothingElseMatters

but u never know who r u gonna meet with.not all ppl that go r fake!!! i was thinking the sames things but i was suprised about how many ppl were just as like me! u should really try n make the best out of it

summer

hi
ive just finished 2 years at college and i had those same feeling as you before i started. i found that first day the hardest step but i made myself go and although i was petrified i got through it. there were a few times such as presentations and assessments that i found extremly difficult but i just made myself do it because i had too to complete my course.
It can be hard at times but you can do it and you may even make some new friends.

coriander1992

Pinker said:
My problems didn't properly start until college, and the induction was straightforward. Mine might have been different though.. it was just for a few hours. I spoke to some of the teachers, didn't really talk to any students.. it wasn't like that.

You don't sound very happy about things in your post. Can I ask, do you actually WANT to go to college? Do you need to?

Thanks for sharing your experience, pinker.

No, I don't want to go to college, but I don't really have a choice.
My parents would certainly not let me not go, and i'm pretty sure that if I don't go I will never make anything of myself as i'd just let my SA hold me back all the time.
Because I got good grades in school, all my teachers, friends, my parents etc. all have these huge expectations of me, but I really don't think that I can live up to them. I'm trying my best, but the fear of going to college and potentially uni afterwards is killing me.
I don't feel like I have the option not to go, and really it will probably be the best thing for me to go.

IBM

coriander1992 just think about the future. Education and knowledge are very important.

Wait I have one question. Are you going to college like later this year? Because I thought you were only 15!! Just making sure. And I wisj you the best of luck and hope you go. ;)

Flaming_Badger

Uni dragged me from the scruff of the neck and made me get over most of my 'issues'. The only way to get over this is to throw yourself into experiences and remember that if it all goes wrong, it doesn't bloody matter. I mean what are you risking? Loneliness?

If you want thinks you change you can to get yourself out there, if you make a few mistakes on the way, so be it. Even people without social phobia make an arse of themselves from time to time.

Taking the risk is better than giving in.

coriander1992

Psychedelicious said:
Wait I have one question. Are you going to college like later this year? Because I thought you were only 15!! Just making sure. And I wisj you the best of luck and hope you go. ;)

I'm going in August.
Yes I am 15, i'm the youngest in my school year, as I only just got in because I was younger than everybody else. :)
Are you in America? College is different in America and the UK, I think.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm going to try my best to stay posotive!

coriander1992 said:
Psychedelicious said:
Wait I have one question. Are you going to college like later this year? Because I thought you were only 15!! Just making sure. And I wish you the best of luck and hope you go. ;)

I'm going in August.
Yes I am 15, i'm the youngest in my school year, as I only just got in because I was younger than everybody else. :)
Are you in America? College is different in America and the UK, I think.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm going to try my best to stay posotive!

Ooh wow that is just sounds really early to me! Yes, I am in America. It's just that I am 16 and still am not able to go until I am 18 years old. Thanks for the reply and once again have fun ;)!