Re: Were you different at school?

I was very different, and people didn't hesitate to tell me. But even though I was different, all my class mates in highschool fully accepted me- my oddities into their (school) social circle. I had a sense of humor they liked, and -that- saved me.

Last edited:

vancouver24

Banned

i had so many friends.. i was even almost.. almost.. considered popular now imagine i have no one :( ..so hard..maybe i deserved it

Kinetik

I was always very avoidant, but I got on well with nearly everyone and people did actually like me/invite me to places. It's just that for whatever reason, I always wanted to go home as soon as humanly possible and stay there until Monday morning. I also never returned people's calls or did anything outside of school with anyone, so naturally they stopped inviting me to things after a while. But there were quite a few people I was friendly with during the days at school, and I also had bits of luck here and there with the girls. So all in all it wasn't too bad a time. I just think it's a pity that once I was done with school and college that I withdrew from society in a fairly major way. I've never really bounced back from that, and nearly all the memories I have are from back then.

Mickery

I was always very avoidant, but I got on well with nearly everyone and people did actually like me/invite me to places. It's just that for whatever reason, I always wanted to go home as soon as humanly possible and stay there until Monday morning. I also never returned people's calls or did anything outside of school with anyone, so naturally they stopped inviting me to things after a while. But there were quite a few people I was friendly with during the days at school, and I also had bits of luck here and there with the girls. So all in all it wasn't too bad a time. I just think it's a pity that once I was done with school and college that I withdrew from society in a fairly major way. I've never really bounced back from that, and nearly all the memories I have are from back then.

My experience is very similar. It's strange to think how ordinary, even outgoing I had been some circumstances, but completely avoidant the rest of the time. As soon as I didn't have a safe clique and wasn't forced into those situations it all went away.