Quit

Ren Koutaisou

So I walked out of my job the other day. I had been considering it for months and finally decided to just do it. A little bit of hesitation, but not enough to stop me.

It was a pretty crappy job actually. People come in, I ask them what they want to drink, how many in the family, etc. etc. It's a very popular buffet, so there are many hundreds of people coming in every day. It was stressful and I didn't like it. I asked multiple times for another position but they didn't care.

So it's been a day now and I'm unemployed. But I live with my family and have no children so it's not as terrible as people have told me it would be. I'm currently seeking employment as well.

I'm just wondering, how would you be affected if you just walked out of your job?

LazyHermitCrab

glad you got out there and hope you find something you enjoy ;p and to answer i would be in trouble because i just finished training and only worked a little

mismeek

I want to do that sooo bad! My job takes advantage of me.. pays me peanuts.. and even docked my raise because i had to take off for school (i notified them MONTHS in advance too)

but i cant find a job that works with my school schedule,plus if i was unemployed i wouldnt be able to help my mom with the bills or be able to pay my own bills.

Hastings & Main

I would be screwed if I did that.
I dream of it every day - it was supposed to be a temporary job while I figured things out.
That was ten years ago!
Spending much of my free time trying to figure a way out.
Be happy you're out of a dead end position & use the chance to go for something you'll enjoy!

Ren Koutaisou

I don't think I'm going to find something that I enjoy just yet. Many things that I enjoy doing require classes and certification.

There is one skill I am working on now, pending certification. Also beginning to consider other options that I haven't thought about in a while, such as a life guard (I enjoy being submerged in water) but I have to take more swimming classes first (I can't swim).

So I'm going to just look for something simple, like a stock person for the holidays. Even if it's temporary, it's fine with me now. I will just save up as much as I can. Anything but a cashier. NO MORE of that.

Am I being too picky? Sometimes I worry about this situation, but sometimes I'm not worried at all.

They'd pretty very disappointed I reckon. As would I, for that matter. Most of the time I know what I'll be doing the next day, and it are the repetitive jobs that take all day and no one else wants to do.

I take no breaks either, which makes it (mentally) a lot easier. That does mean however that I'll be in a stage between life and death at the end of the day.

I have no kids or people to support either, but I do think it'd be worse for me if I were to quit right now.

Fighter86

I don't think I'm going to find something that I enjoy just yet. Many things that I enjoy doing require classes and certification.

There is one skill I am working on now, pending certification. Also beginning to consider other options that I haven't thought about in a while, such as a life guard (I enjoy being submerged in water) but I have to take more swimming classes first (I can't swim).

So I'm going to just look for something simple, like a stock person for the holidays. Even if it's temporary, it's fine with me now.

A stock person for the holidays is a good idea, it'll keep you busy while you work towards your certifications. Being a lifeguard requires some basic swimming certs, after which you probably need to take an intensive short course to qualify as lifeguard, my brother did that, he's not a lifeguard though, he just decided to do the cert.

I will just save up as much as I can. Anything but a cashier. NO MORE of that.

I am pretty bad at cashier duties as well, I almost always calculate a shortage or excess when I mend the cashier on behalf of my colleague.

Btw, I am in the same position as you, I walked out on a job after 3 days on it, but then, I was probably stretched too thin, I worked on 4 jobs in 7 months, and left each of them for a variety of reasons. Before these, I actually did worked on the same job for a year though.

Last edited:

yoyoyo

that`s good because you never wanted to be there. but before leaving you should`ve looked for a new job first;)