Question for all the gamers

dannyboy65

I'm a pretty big gamer and I've started to collect older consoles too. I'm just curious what kind of games do you get the most fun out of? For me it's open world RPG's or action. I also seem to really enjoy more games with a rating of 7/10 or close to it. Like for example I could not get into Witcher 3, but I really liked Far Cry Primal. Currently I am playing Assassin's Creed Unity, and frankly I'm enjoying it. Sure there are bugs but I'm not picky I get to make my own assassin and I am having fun that's all that matters to me with a game. My favorite though is Skyrim I've played the game a thousand times and have it on PS3, PS4 and PC. So yea what kind of games do you guys like to play?

State_Of_Trance

My brothers and I have always been into shooters. A lot of good memories playing Halo split-screen. Later, we did a lot of TF2. After that, we became Left 4 Dead experts. Recently, we're doing a lot of Overwatch. I also enjoy open-world single player games. A lot of fun with Far Cry 3 and 4. Lot's of nostalgia for Elder Scrolls IV.

Recently I've been enjoying a lot of narrative driven games. SOMA is in the vein of classic sci-fi, dealing with issues like how your physical components relate to your sense of self. Life is Strange has a lot of character development. It's a very slow, reflective game. Can't even begin to describe the feels later on. The Beginner's Guide is...can't even describe it. Goes into things like projection, the need for validation, the act of interpreting creative works, and stuff. A few years back I would have found all these games boring or confusing, but now I'm getting so into it. All of this could easily sound really pretentious, but I really hope it doesn't. I'm just really happy that I've discovered all these types of games that I never had the patience for when I was younger.

In short, I've recently been on a narrative driven game kick, but I'll always love shooters and open world stuff as well.

dannyboy65

My brothers and I have always been into shooters. A lot of good memories playing Halo split-screen. Later, we did a lot of TF2. After that, we became Left 4 Dead experts. Recently, we're doing a lot of Overwatch. I also enjoy open-world single player games. A lot of fun with Far Cry 3 and 4. Lot's of nostalgia for Elder Scrolls IV.

Recently I've been enjoying a lot of narrative driven games. SOMA is in the vein of classic sci-fi, dealing with issues like how your physical components relate to your sense of self. Life is Strange has a lot of character development. It's a very slow, reflective game. Can't even begin to describe the feels later on. The Beginner's Guide is...can't even describe it. Goes into things like projection, the need for validation, the act of interpreting creative works, and stuff. A few years back I would have found all these games boring or confusing, but now I'm getting so into it. All of this could easily sound really pretentious, but I really hope it doesn't. I'm just really happy that I've discovered all these types of games that I never had the patience for when I was younger.

In short, I've recently been on a narrative driven game kick, but I'll always love shooters and open world stuff as well.

When I was younger I really liked platformers and shooters. Till I played Fallout 3 and was introduced to open world RPG's. I remember putting countless hours into Fallout 3 and to this day it is my favorite Fallout game. I also got into Assassin's Creed series, and Grand Theft Auto. I didn't get into Elder Scrolls till Skyrim cause that was the first Elder Scrolls game I played. I also really like going back to the games I played as a kid because now I understand the lore better, where as when I was a kid I didn't fully understand so when I go back I realize what they mean by something. I started gaming at a young age. I'm 21 now and I started when I was 4 and it's been my favorite hobby since. So safe to say I've put a lot of time into gaming, others may see that as sad but personally I really love gaming and how they tell stories.

twinkleeyes

I play games on social media. I really haven't played on an actual console since childhood! I probably wouldn't know where to start.

A very underrated game is Ori and the Blind Forest.

It's easily my favourite game of all time. It's a modern 2D platformer with gorgeous art and music, with a heartfelt story and incredibly reactive and fun control scheme.

State_Of_Trance

A very underrated game is Ori and the Blind Forest.

It's easily my favourite game of all time. It's a modern 2D platformer with gorgeous art and music, with a heartfelt story and incredibly reactive and fun control scheme.

YES! Why didn't I mention it?!?!?! Played it earlier this year and loved it. The story was so sweet it gave me diabetes.

Megaten

I like RPGs also. I like how they can last you for a while and are complex enough to absorb you in them. The newest thing Ive started is Pokemon Sun but my favorite is the Mass Effect Trilogy.

YES! Why didn't I mention it?!?!?! Played it earlier this year and loved it. The story was so sweet it gave me diabetes.

It is so cute and sweet, but at the same time so consistently dark and bitter. I have such respect for how well and balanced it manages to express cheer and tragedy.

State_Of_Trance

It is so cute and sweet, but at the same time so consistently dark and bitter. I have such respect for how well and balanced it manages to express cheer and tragedy.

Yeah, the happy parts endear you to the characters so you care in the dark parts enough to plow through the despair and back into happiness again. Man, gotta play again eventually.

AtTheGates

Banned
if you haven't played uncharted 4 yet you really need to check it out . its such an amazing game, no exaggeration . its awesome..especially if you like action-adventure games...really its like a revamped indiana jones

also, i didnt like witcher 3 either..it got ALOT of hype which seemed a bit odd to me because i didnt think it was all that great compared to dragon age:inquisition

anyway i think uncharted 4 got an 9/10 rating if i remember correctly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDQ_XCdKtmI

Last edited:

Bronson99

Some of the very best stuff is pretty old, around the '97-01 bracket. I have some fairly wide-ranging taste. For anyone who likes the surreal/unique kind of game, "Sanitarium"... it hasn't aged great, but the quality of the story and the visuals.. they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

On the other hand I also can enjoy wild shooters like "Hard Reset" or "Painkiller".. and I'm revisiting Painkiller lately. I wouldn't call it so much underrated as a bit overlooked... I think the game will eventually be seen as a masterpiece. The visual inventiveness and overall design are crazy good!

dannyboy65

if you haven't played uncharted 4 yet you really need to check it out . its such an amazing game, no exaggeration . its awesome..especially if you like action-adventure games...really its like a revamped indiana jones

also, i didnt like witcher 3 either..it got ALOT of hype which seemed a bit odd to me because i didnt think it was all that great compared to dragon age:inquisition

anyway i think uncharted 4 got an 9/10 rating if i remember correctly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDQ_XCdKtmI

I love the uncharted series I just got to finish number 3 then I'll get 4 and also I love Dragon Age Inquisition. I thought it was way better then Witcher in my opinion. Also I love games that let you make your character the way you want :).

Auburn

Overwatch, Borderlands series (including the telltale one), The Last of Us, and Bioshock Infinite!

dannyboy65

Pokémon, Pokémon and another game whose name I forgot.... oh yeah, I remember now: Pokémon

I could never fully get into Pokemon haha I did like the first ones but after that I lost interest. I don't hate them though they are still cool games just not something I'd spend lots of time in.

dannyboy65

Overwatch, Borderlands series (including the telltale one), The Last of Us, and Bioshock Infinite!

You seem to really like shooters haha :p. I am not to big of a fan of shooters, there one of those games I have to be in the mood for haha. I do love telltale The Walking Dead. Also I didn't finish Last Of Us, I want to and I tried probably 5 times already, for some reason I can't finish it. I like Bioshock did you try any of the others? I've only tried the first one.