Pupils different sizes

ukchick

I had the dreaded op when I was 16 to stop my hand sweating.
This left me with compo sweating but also a droopy eyelid and different pupil sizes.
This doesn't usually bother me and my pupils are not always different sizes but recently they have been hugely different pretty much every day.
I started a new job in retail a couple of months ago and the company stresses the importance of customer eye contact.
I know I have to just get on with it and I do the best I can but it's really getting to me at the moment.
Just wondering if other people have experience with this...

ImNotMyIllness

Dreaded op? My advice. Try not to worry about it. the more you worry, the more difficult it will be. People like myself have developed an obsession over it. I hope that doesn't happen to you.

dottie

i've a friend with this and i honestly don't even notice it but i understand you anxiety. what is the dreaded op?

Sprawling

Blink a lot when they start staring at you. Also make lot's of funny noises. This will destract them from the eye problem. Don't forget to up sell your customers by asking if they'd like fries with what ever it is they are buying. This will all detract them from drooping eyes and make you laugh.

Do you're best... tension brings out the worst in us. My ears droop when I'm nervous... or maybe it's my hands that sweat. It's all the same, we all have our idiosyncrasies. Sometimes we just need to laugh, or cry... but we already have enough wetness, that's why we are on this forum. :)

ukchick

Lol..thanks...will do.
The op I refer to is a sympathectomy to stop my hand sweating but it's pretty much a known thing that you end up with horrible side effects from it.
But when you're 16, you don't always make sensible choices.

ImNotMyIllness

Lol..thanks...will do.
The op I refer to is a sympathectomy to stop my hand sweating but it's pretty much a known thing that you end up with horrible side effects from it.
But when you're 16, you don't always make sensible choices.

Sorry to hear that. I just googled it, sounds very dangerous.