Public Speaking

DekKO

Well I have to get in front of the class and present to the class my project that we've had to work on for 3 days. The only positive thing is we worked in groups so I won't be the only one talking. That's another problem because this one bitch girl said that my friend and I have to say more because we didn't do as much. I'm probably not going to anyway because she didn't really help as much as she thinks she did but either way it is gonna be hard to speak in front of 20 other kids. Hopefully i'll know what i'm talking about so I won't stutter. Wish me luck....i'll need it.

Interzone

I'm actually taking a public speaking class. It's not so bad, I do get a bit nervous or whatever but I don't panic. Although, public speaking isn't helping me to become a better friend finder...

MaliceInWickedland

Wow you only have about 20 students in your classes? I have over 40 with the overcrowding in my school and that makes presentations even harder for me. As bad as my anxiety is, I actually do pretty well if I'm with a group knowing not all eyes are exactly on me.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck during the presentation. If it helps any, just remember that in the end no one's even going to remember you went up there and if you take a good look at the class, you'll notice that half the students aren't even paying attention most of the time. That thought usually takes some tension away from me during presentations so I thought I should point it out in case it helps you too.

DarkPhoenix

Just try to focus on the facts of your presentation, rather than what the other kids are thinking of you. Good luck man.

Feathers

20 kids is a nice small class, yeah..

maybe focus on any friendly eyes/faces of friends or such, or just look around the room randomly.. knowing your subject well is good, yeah...

maybe practise at home a bit.. there were threads on giving presentations here before, with some tips..

it's not nice to say a girl is a b**** (even if she is, sort of..) maybe she was just having PMS? :D

Working in groups can be tricky.. (or fun) It's probably easier if people who wrote it presented it, as they may know more about the subject matter, on the other hand it's good if everyone contributes a bit..
I've been in groups where only a few did the work and it wasn't good, much better if everyone does something.. It's better to agree on roles together though, ideally at the beginning.. If you'd feel more comfortable writing/preparing stuff, you could offer to do it then..

It's your decision how much to talk, if you have interesting things to tell, and do it well, it might increase your grades or popularity with the teacher.. (and maybe even with classmates if you do it well..)

For some people it works to try to stutter on purpose (they can't then) maybe try and practise it at home?

DekKO

Thanks everyone i'll tell you how it goes tomorrow. There are about 25 people in my class but we have 4 in our group so only 21 people will be watching me and MaliceInWickedland is right not everyone is gonna even remember or pay attention to me. And, Feathers, I don't think a girl can have PMS 24/7 lol.

missjesss

Banned
at least your going to do it! I dont think I could present in front of a class ! im still working up the courage to do another course outside of my job its been a couple of years since tafe ! are you on any medication?

DekKO

It went great I only had to say about a minute worth of information. I could tell that my voice was starting to crack at the end there but I think it went well. I was a nervous wreck but I didn't stutter too much at all. Really good day! And, missjesss, I don't take medication. It just isn't natural.

mads

It went great I only had to say about a minute worth of information. I could tell that my voice was starting to crack at the end there but I think it went well. I was a nervous wreck but I didn't stutter too much at all. Really good day! And, missjesss, I don't take medication. It just isn't natural.

Great to hear that you did well and of course you did:)