Program

punklove

A while ago I posted a thread about how I was feeling really anxious to be starting this program that helps people with mental illnesses (such as anxiety) that prevent people from going to school (the age range of this program is 12-18)
Anyways I just wanted to let you guys know that the program is going really great and my anxiety has been really low lately which I'm happy about.
If my anxiety is low then I'm POSITIVE that others can overcome there anxiety as well... Actually I don't really think I've "overcome" it I just think that lately I've been able to manage my anxiety in a more positive way.

Nobody really respond to the threads that I post :( Which is sad but whatever :p Just wanted to update you guys on what's happening with me. :)

eek

Thumbs Up. It's great you found something that helps. Is this a governmental program that takes high school kids out of normal classes and places them in classes with other students with disorders?

Feathers

YAY Punklove, congratulations!! :)

You are brave to go & do keep us updated!
I'm not very much on this forum right now, maybe other people are a bit afraid about going to a similar program, or there isn't anything available for them locally?

Can you decribe a bit more what happens at such a program and what has helped most? Just going there and meeting people, or talking about certain things or doing certain exercises, or all of that? (of course privacy must be respected, it would still be good to hear a bit more about it!) Do you also do things like make T-shirts or is that a different program? (Something like that is available here...)

punklove

Thumbs Up. It's great you found something that helps. Is this a governmental program that takes high school kids out of normal classes and places them in classes with other students with disorders?

It's a hospital program :p so it takes place in a classroom which is in the hospital.