Procrastination

Anyone else an expert is this area?
I get anxious about what I have to do, it's always in the back of my mind, but for some reason I delay it and say tomorrow, I'll do it tomorrow when I can focus and 'start a fresh'. Except tomorrow doesn't tend to come and so I find things piling up which leads to more anxiety.
I have an essay due in tomorrow which I haven't done and this is getting me all worked up now, as I know I should have done it. (Although I did the plan I just didn't get round to writing the main body).
But generally if something can be delayed... I will delay it.

Generical

Yeah im exactly the same, if been trying to apply to uni recently and i know if i dont have anything to do next year im gonna go insane but still i can't motivate myself to do it.........exactly the same thing happened last year. Not to mention the lack of effort i put into finding a job or even helping myself with pretty much anything *sigh*

Although with school work i believe just some organisation is in order, i messed up my a levels due to being terribly unorganized, which made me put off doing it even more. So i think you just need to set aside to work everything out, find everything you need to do and maybe even make a schedule or something lol. Basically if you catch up on everything and relieve all the pressure it makes you feel a whole lot better and gives you more energy to do everything else, try to forget any problems you got in the present or past and really think about your future, thats the thing that matters.

Yep, I'm definitely a procrastinator. It's probably one of my most noticeable personality traits! My friends and I joke about it all the time, lol. I'm almost always late for everything because I don't leave my house until the absolute last possible minute, and I always wrote my school papers about an hour before they were due no matter how stressful it always turned out to be. Somehow I always manage to pull off whatever it is I'm procrastinating on, which is kind of bad because nothing seems to deter me from procrastinating in the future. Also, I'm pretty successful at many things I attempt to do, but I'm never really great either. I always wonder if I could have achieved better if I put more time into it, but the urge to procrastinate is just so overpowering...

this_portrait

I procrastinate, but not because of anxiety. It's more due to laziness. I just tend to get to the point where I don't really feel like doing any work, so I put it off. I'm trying to not fall into that bad habit this year, though, because procrastination at college/university only leads to bad results.

JCS008

I am very experienced with procrastination. It's something that kept me down for so long. Sometimes is easy to avoid something you don't want to do or don't feel like doing, but in the end you're just digging yourself into a hole. I know thats pretty much what I did to myself for a short time. Horrible habit that I really want to get rid of.

dooby-duck

I'm a big time procrastinator. I put off important stuff until the last minute all of the time. I didn't do this at Uni though. I couldn't stand the pressure of writing an essay hours before the deadline like a lot of student used to do. On the last day the computer rooms and library were full of people writing last minute essays. I at least gave myself a few days.

Jake123

Banned
30vngig.jpg

Is it laziness, is what I do procrastination? Or is it a lack of interest? I agree with Generical and Blue Scholar too, to a degree. I could probably have done way more with my abilities - instead of scraping through with minimum effort. I dunno though, just recently, no matter how successful my schedule and time management has been, some unforseen event or hinderance always develops to get in the way of me concentrating properly. Its true, re-focusing on why you began what you've chosen to do (in the case of studies) tends to get me going. But Ive found it so hard to believe in what I do now :(
Its easy to kick yourself when you're up against a deadline, though. Try not to do that too hard.

Weirdo

If there was a diagnose such as "Chronic Procrastination" or "Procrastination Disorder" I would definitely have it. It's affecting my grades tremendously for the past several years. I was the worst student in class for the past 6 years and am the worst even at uni and that's bad considering that I study what I always wanted(psych). Most people get better grades at the subjects they despise than me at the subjects I enjoy. Oh well..

Interzone

I procrastinate when it comes to almost everything, I don't know if it's laziness or lack of motivation but more than likely it's a combination of the two.

You know I just don't feel too motivated these days, I've got nothing to look forward except being by myself. Sometimes I buy myself things to make myself feel better for a bit but as they say money can't buy true happiness.

Liam17

"Procrastination is the same as masturbation . . . It feels good in the beginning but in the end you just f****d yourself."

;)

Yeah but the ending is still good :p

On topic.

Yeah i could do so much better at school, but i just don't see the point in half of the work.

bsebring

My procrastination has more to do with confidence. I get too overwhelmed by something then it just never ends up getting done.

StupidWiz

2 days away from submitting my thesis proposal and I haven't done anything about it. I've been procrastinating for 2 weeks since I got this assignment from my prof. Now I don't know what to do, just feeling depressed and maybe trying to finish it with minimal effort... ::(:

Sometimes I promise myself to stop procrastinating but somehow I always get back to it. It's really annoying but seems I like doing it. This makes me really hate myself at certain times (especially right now) :mad: