privacy in some thread perhaps?

grapevine

I dont know- I may be paranoid.
I used to be on a BDD forum many years ago and had a diary on there - their system was a little different in the forum as you had to be logged in - in order to view personal stories and journals and stuff.

I just feel like proposing this - because I just feel paranoid in that my journal may have perhaps but maybe unlikely too.. ??? - been seen by people that I talk about and that may be horrible to read you know.

It would just be better to be able to have a layer of privacy within this forum for journals where only member can see?

I think that maybe that would also encourage others to journal too- which would be great. I know it helps myself and I know that many dont want to write because they get paranoid of people seeing.

So what you do think?

Great idea.
Besides, this may compel more people to register to this forum => more members.

I have to confess that I too am being paranoid about everyone being able to see my pictures + my personal stories on the two respective sections. For nothing would keep anyone from impersonating someone. This extra barrier would surely lower the chances of that happening.

This suggestion is both good for the forum and its members.

zharl

Just to play devil's advocate, there is the question of making threads readily available as resources. If we start limiting the accessibility of the content, we may be taking away a source of information from someone who is perhaps too afraid to register or something.

Just something to think about.

In addition, what motivation is there for people to join, if they cannot view the content of the forum. While there may be some drive in order to gain access, what impetus is there to join, if you don't even know what it is that you are joining.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
If you post your pictures as attachments they can only be seen by members. You can also link to pictures in your album on your profile and set it to private so only friends can see them.

As regards the original idea, that would require some work on the part of the webmaster. Remus and I do not have the capability to make that change.

grapevine

Okay- so it would require some work and maybe potential damage to the site ? Just wish it were able.