presentation

bardock

::(: I have to do my presentation tomorrow morning, I'm feeling really stressed out. I know i will end up stuttering like crap, and not making sence

Any tips? ::(:

On the plus side, it's a group presentation, and im only allocated 2 slides

Silatuyok

::(: I have to do my presentation tomorrow morning, I'm feeling really stressed out. I know i will end up stuttering like crap, and not making sence

Any tips? ::(:

On the plus side, it's a group presentation, and im only allocated 2 slides

If all else fails, you can always just read your slides, then slink into the background... :) Very few people actually enjoy giving these types of presentations, so no one is going to judge you if you turn out not to be some great orator.

sullyS25

The majority of people in your class (I am assuming this is for a class) will be just as preoccupied with how they will do when it is there turn to present. I can identify with the feelings but the truth is that even if you do stutter a lot and not make sense (which I doubt will be the case anyway) the majority of people will not even notice because they will be concentrating on themselves.

Niteowl

Erk, presentations. I'm sure you'll do fine - if you believe that you can. What's the presentation about? I bet you'll just end up surprising yourself tomorrow morning. Try to look at people, if possible. If you look at the floor, you'll only be imagining the worst possible reactions. You didn't say how many people you're presenting to - is it many? Marie is right - no one likes doing that sort of thing, so the others won't be feeling all that much better about giving theirs. I worried for months about a presentation once - and I was terrible, as far as I was concerned - but it didn't matter. It was over, and I got a good grade for it. The mistakes you make won't matter to the others. You might slip up and think about it for weeks, but everybody else in the room will soon forget, once it's their turn to speak - if they even noticed at all.

It's best not to worry about it - be prepared, but don't worry. I had a job interview this morning, and I hadn't had time to worry about it. Near-zero anxiety, seriously. Find something to keep yourself busy now, and you'll be more calm when the time comes.

Good luck with it - you'll be all right. :)

bardock

Erk, presentations. I'm sure you'll do fine - if you believe that you can. What's the presentation about? I bet you'll just end up surprising yourself tomorrow morning. Try to look at people, if possible. If you look at the floor, you'll only be imagining the worst possible reactions. You didn't say how many people you're presenting to - is it many? Marie is right - no one likes doing that sort of thing, so the others won't be feeling all that much better about giving theirs. I worried for months about a presentation once - and I was terrible, as far as I was concerned - but it didn't matter. It was over, and I got a good grade for it. The mistakes you make won't matter to the others. You might slip up and think about it for weeks, but everybody else in the room will soon forget, once it's their turn to speak - if they even noticed at all.

It's best not to worry about it - be prepared, but don't worry. I had a job interview this morning, and I hadn't had time to worry about it. Near-zero anxiety, seriously. Find something to keep yourself busy now, and you'll be more calm when the time comes.

Good luck with it - you'll be all right. :)

Thanks guys, it's a presentation about how our eyes adapt in the night. and yep the audience will be other students who will also need to give a presentation. And a few lecturers. I have a problem with speech and pronunciation. Also when giving presentations my mind just goes blank ::(:

sullyS25

My brain goes blank as well, it happens to a lot of people. If it does go blank take some deep breaths to relax yourself and try and continue....It will be fine.....find something to take your mind off of the speech rich now or immediately before it so you aren't constantly running these scenarios through your head. It is impossible to concentrate on what you are supposed to say when you are concentrating on possible scenarios that could play out while you are presenting and that is probably a big reason why our minds go blank because it is an overload....find a book or something that interests you to take your mind of the presentation.

Niteowl

Any chance your group could go first? Ooh - scary thought! I don't know if the order has already been planned or not, but normally in these situations you're asked "who wants to go first?". Think of it this way: if your group goes first, you're the ones setting the standard. You won't have to worry about falling short of the standards set by another group. Also, the other groups will be worrying about their own presentations. Going first can be a good thing - my preference is to go second, but the lecturer normally decides who goes next from that point onward. If you don't want to volunteer, maybe you could encourage the other members of your group to do it.

Just an idea for you. It also gets it done and over with as soon as possible. :D

jonas89

the trick that works often well for me is that I just try to read the subject well and be sure that I understand what I'm talking about,
If I go and talk about something that I have no idea what I'm talking about or do not understand clearly I get really stressed and awkward hehe probably like many do,,
but great it did go well for you,,

bardock

I have another presentation to do tomorrow :(
its basically preperation for job interview, u have to do a presentation about yourself
and then interview questions afterwards, n its infrotn of several people so im really nervous about that