Post your picture thread

triceratops

Richey said:
worrydoll said:
is it just me or is this thread just getting really embarrassing now?

:lol: how do you mean? because most of them could be supermodels and you think to yourself how could they possibly have SA??

Goes to show looks dont mean anything social phobia can affect anyone. :(

LittleMissScareAll

Indecisive said:
Hey LittleMissScareAll ~ Lookin good :wink:. I like your skeleton gloves, always wanted a pair to use while riding a bicyle or dirt bike to freak people out.

Thanks! I painted my gloves myself. :D You could make some too...just get a pair of cheap black gloves and some white paint. I have to wear another pair of gloves underneath mine though....I had to use alot of paint, and it kinda hurts my hands if I don't wear something underneath.

betty said:
very pretty littlemissscareall.

Thanks!

ImMissy

Re: hi

rko74 said:
Hi there Missy :) cute dogs, what breed?

they are pittbulls :) sweetest dogs ever! Sooo, I guess I'm really never "alone" because I always have at least one of them with me at home.

scyth said:
Goes to show looks dont mean anything social phobia can affect anyone. Sad

any form of anxiety can definitely affect anyone. It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like. To think anything otherwise, is ignorant.

Here's a fun sa story of mine: Last summer I went to the Chicago auto show. It's a very popular usually very fun event every year here. I spent 45 minutes shaking, crying, and puking in a bathroom stall, because I was so overwhelmed with the mass amount of people there. I couldn't even leave, because I'd be back out there by everyone...so I had to wait until it wore down enough to even walk through the event, to leave. Hells yeah, fun times.

Meow

ImMissy said:
rko74 said:
Hi there Missy :) cute dogs, what breed?

they are pittbulls :) sweetest dogs ever! Sooo, I guess I'm really never "alone" because I always have at least one of them with me at home.

I thought every one knew what a pitbull looked like since they seem to be the most hated dogs.

I love all dogs, it's sad that the shelters are overflowing with pitts, it's not their fault they have a bad rep. I don't know i'm torn on them, they're banned in a lot of places. There are some really sweet ones but there have been vicious ones that have attacked for no reason. I hate the F@ckers that train them to fight.

Meow

scyth said:
Goes to show looks dont mean anything social phobia can affect anyone. Sad

any form of anxiety can definitely affect anyone. It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like. To think anything otherwise, is ignorant.

Here's a fun sa story of mine: Last summer I went to the Chicago auto show. It's a very popular usually very fun event every year here. I spent 45 minutes shaking, crying, and puking in a bathroom stall, because I was so overwhelmed with the mass amount of people there. I couldn't even leave, because I'd be back out there by everyone...so I had to wait until it wore down enough to even walk through the event, to leave. Hells yeah, fun times.[/quote]

Well I DO believe that if you're confident in your looks you probably feel the effects of social phobia less than someone who isn't confident in their looks, because a huge part of it for ME anyway and I know a lot of other people too is feeling ugly and hating the way you look. I feel ugly and not worth anything so it makes me even more paranoid in public. If you believe you're attractive you're not going to think people are staring at you because you're gross.

BUT saying that, of course you can have anxiety and still feel confident. But I think it's more likely to have general anxiety and panic disorder rather than social phobia.

Just what I think.

ImMissy

I always say, no dog attacks for no reason. Even if it appears to be for no reason, the reason they're attacking is usually because they're trained to do so, or they're abused. It's horrible what people do to a lot of animals for that matter. Every animal is only as good as it's owner makes it to be.

hmm with the sa thing, I'm sure confidence helps people to overcome social anxiety, of course. But I still don't think that how you look has much to do with it. It's how you percieve yourself to look that's a part of it, you are right about that, that's for sure!

Even the prettiest person can be very self hating, and have very low self esteem. I saw your pics meow, you are beautiful!!! That's a good example right there. :)

Raining

I agree, dogs should not be raised to be so vicious as in the long run the dog will suffer more as it may be put down due to its trained actions.

longlivesolitude

Good looking people can definately suffer from SA , same with very clever people, very charming or someone who is very talented at something. With SA it's probably most about how your perception of yourself is in social situation or how you think other people perceive you.

Hm and I must say a lot you in here looks good :D

Septor

longlivesolitude said:
Good looking people can definately suffer from SA , same with very clever people, very charming or someone who is very talented at something. With SA it's probably most about how your perception of yourself is in social situation or how you think other people perceive you.

Hm and I must say a lot you in here looks good :D

Indeed :D :D :D

LittleMissScareAll

Re: Where Art Thou?

brownbag said:
didn't want to put my pic, but i just thought i'll throw it in. and will remove it after a period of time. for those who might ask - yes i did draw it.
btw, think all you guys whose photos in here look great.

Very nice drawing :)

riverbelow

this is me, except i have blonde hair now. :roll:

agadf.jpg

here's another.

scan0002.jpg

Indecisive

LittleMissScareAll said:
Thanks! I painted my gloves myself. :D You could make some too...just get a pair of cheap black gloves and some white paint. I have to wear another pair of gloves underneath mine though....I had to use alot of paint, and it kinda hurts my hands if I don't wear something underneath.

They are very nicely done, you have some good artisitc skill. The only thing I've ever painted were lilttle plastic model cars, they are the kind you buy at Walmart or Target and have to glue together. Not very creative but most of the time they actually look like cars when I'm done :lol:.
So do you draw also? I've always admired people that could draw, paint, play an intrument/sing, it just seems like such a big outlet and talent, it's so unlike me. As Neoploean Dynomite says, "girls want guys with skills..."

LittleMissScareAll

Indecisive said:
They are very nicely done, you have some good artisitc skill. The only thing I've ever painted were lilttle plastic model cars, they are the kind you buy at Walmart or Target and have to glue together. Not very creative but most of the time they actually look like cars when I'm done :lol:.
So do you draw also? I've always admired people that could draw, paint, play an intrument/sing, it just seems like such a big outlet and talent, it's so unlike me. As Neoploean Dynomite says, "girls want guys with skills..."

Thanks...I figured I would mess them up, but once I started painting it was really easy...if I can do it, anybody can. :lol: I drew a picture to go by before I got started, otherwise I know my bones would have turned out all wrong. I draw too but I don't think I'm very good at it. :?

Faded

Re: Where Art Thou?

brownbag said:
didn't want to put my pic, but i just thought i'll throw it in. and will remove it after a period of time. for those who might ask - yes i did draw it.
btw, think all you guys whose photos in here look great.

Yea,, its a Great drawing,, Well done!
Well,im not a good General-Comment-or. I just think its Gonna look awesome, if u add something more to it. All in all, Good Job!

black_mamba

elaine said:
(don't know why Im so afraid to cut my hair short!!! after all it grows back doesn't it!)

You see your hair as a massive part of your indentity perhaps? But anyway, its great having short hair, especially in the hot weather. :p