Post your picture thread

Meow

worrydoll said:
well i have decided to show my ugly mug so that you all will tell me how hot i am. i was out that night so i think i look okay but normally i just think im so ugly and...feel free to shower me with compliments though...i will try and start believing it and posting many more pics in future possible.
this is just one i took on my mobile and another on my webcam.

sounds like a dig at those of us who have posted pics :?:

worrydoll said:
well i have decided to show my ugly mug so that you all will tell me how hot i am. i was out that night so i think i look okay but normally i just think im so ugly and...feel free to shower me with compliments though...i will try and start believing it and posting many more pics in future possible.
this is just one i took on my mobile and another on my webcam.

Funny.

maggie

worrydoll said:
is it just me or is this thread just getting really embarrassing now?
hiya worrydoll.....i agree...some of the pictures posted seem to be....self-indulgent?.....and it's funny to me, cause a huge part of my anxiety is shyness near a camera...video camera....and posting pics over internet would be really hard for me to do.....i guess i just don't really get it :roll:

maggie said:
worrydoll said:
hiya worrydoll.....i agree...some of the pictures posted seem to be....self-indulgent?.....and it's funny to me, cause a huge part of my anxiety is shyness near a camera...video camera....and posting pics over internet would be really hard for me to do.....i guess i just don't really get it :roll:

Personally I'm camera shy and always have been, but this is supposed to be a somewhat safe place for people to break out of their fears and try to fight them. Just because people don't understand things doesn't mean others should be so quickly judged, posting a couple of pictures is hardly hurting anyone?

jayfan

maggie said:
worrydoll said:
my thoughts exactly . i havent taken a picture since i was in high school- they yearly year book pics.

maggie

crazyfairyx said:
maggie said:
worrydoll said:

Personally I'm camera shy and always have been, but this is supposed to be a somewhat safe place for people to break out of their fears and try to fight them. Just because people don't understand things doesn't mean others should be so quickly judged, posting a couple of pictures is hardly hurting anyone?
hi crazyfairy....not meaning to judge those of you who have posted pics....just really surprised to see how many are comfortable doing so.....and sorry.....it's just my opinion......but a few of the pics seemed self-indulgent to me

Try and remember this is a support site, if people do things that may scare you (for example posting pictures) think how you would feel if you had faced your fears and done it and then gotten sarcasm and judgemental comments. A lot of the posts we get on here contain complaining about life, or going on about their symtoms and problems, they could also be seen as self indulgent, but in some ways this is what people might need, they can't express themselves, or be confident anywhere else, and this is supposed to be a place where people can try and break out of their shell.

maggie

crazyfairyx said:
Try and remember this is a support site, if people do things that may scare you (for example posting pictures) think how you would feel if you had faced your fears and done it and then gotten sarcasm and judgemental comments. A lot of the posts we get on here contain complaining about life, or going on about their symtoms and problems, they could also be seen as self indulgent, but in some ways this is what people might need, they can't express themselves, or be confident anywhere else, and this is supposed to be a place where people can try and break out of their shell.
not really wanting to argue with you crazyfairyx....seriously......but when i say self-indulgent...........i'm not talking about the majority of the pics.....i mean the ones that look like model search shots....there's a huge difference...i'm sure you know what i mean :roll: ...they're a little different than someone simply posting a pic to help them overcome anxiety.....and remember....i am entitled to my opinion.....and i'm not asking for everyone..... or anyone.... to agree with me :wink:

missquiet

not everyone here has SA specifically though (since theres other sub forums) so some people will be comfortable posting their pictures.

Of course I know what you mean lol, I have seen the pics, but you have to take into account the nature of the site when making comments. You are fully entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is this is a very sensitive thread because of the fears some of the people here have of posting pictures, and I would appreciate it if you could take that into account. My messages have not been aimed at just you, but because of your anxieties you may have assumed they were, and so you assumed I want an argument (which I don't lol! It's a pretty silly thing to argue over), and so maybe when making comments about self indulgence on this kind of thread could be perhaps a little insensitive?

*Directed at everyone lol* Just please think of people's feelings before posting sarcastic and judgemental comments, you may hurt someone's feelings that you are not intending on doing. And there may be factors you don't understand, so please try and take it into account.

maggie

crazyfairyx said:
Of course I know what you mean lol, I have seen the pics, but you have to take into account the nature of the site when making comments. You are fully entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is this is a very sensitive thread because of the fears some of the people here have of posting pictures, and I would appreciate it if you could take that into account. My messages have not been aimed at just you, but because of your anxieties you may have assumed they were, and so you assumed I want an argument (which I don't lol! It's a pretty silly thing to argue over), and so maybe when making comments about self indulgence on this kind of thread could be perhaps a little insensitive?

*Directed at everyone lol* Just please think of people's feelings before posting sarcastic and judgemental comments, you may hurt someone's feelings that you are not intending on doing. And there may be factors you don't understand, so please try and take it into account.
scaryfairyx .....i have a difference in opinion than you.....and did not post any sarcastic comments....it's not really a big deal that we have different opinions...please don't take it so personally :roll:

maggie said:
scaryfairyx .....i have a difference in opinion than you.....and did not post any sarcastic comments....it's not really a big deal that we have different opinions...please don't take it so personally :roll:

I'm not taking it personally, but I have a duty to try and protect people on the site, I was merely attempting to ask people to take other people's feelings into account, and I did not say that you had made sarcastic comments.

HereNnow, fab post!

Funkymunky

Brilliantly put Hereandnow!.

These forums range from a person panicking about a presentation at work to another who almost cant ever leave the house and could never dream of even working.Yet the person who works might completely avoid the telephone whilst the other isnt so bad with it.

Also it could be the case for multiple picture posters that they have a worse self-image problem than some others but have just enough self-esteem to post in the hope of reassurence.While this reassurence will never cure the real problem were all the same and need to hear positive comments about the things we feel most sensitive about.This forum wouldnt exist otherwise.

Chrysta

HereAndNow said:
Holy Sweet Fuck - is this little 'show-me-yours-and-I'll-show-you-mine' thread turning into another 'my-disorder-is-worse-than-your-disorder' gripe.

Support each other, for shit sakes.

It's remarkable that some of the shiest people on the planet can feel comfortable enough to literally show their faces here.
Some of us - with the same disorder - would find it completely impossible to post,
others with a deep breath put something up only to take it down again,
others find the courgage to meekly put one up pushing through their anxiety,
others I image feel an exilaration of freedom to feel comfortable enough to 'expose' themselves to our deepest fear - public ridicule.

We just welcomed a newbie who was relunctant because she had not been formally diagnoses. Though, IMHO, being too afraid to see a doctor for a diagnosis and working on a professional plan to get better is not a bragging point.
This is not a social club. It's a support group. We should have fun among ourselves because, in many case, that's the only social exchange some of us get. and it's practice for the 'real' world.
As a support group though, we should be encouraging each to 'be all you can be".

Play nice; play fair; encourage all.

(Sorry, ...or maybe I'm not. Maybe i feel better for saying it.)

I think that was very well said. :) I just registered here but I think we should all be grateful for someone to talk to who understands. We are all in the same boat.. let's not push anyone out.

I think I am one of the people that feels exhilarted to post a picture. I am quite comfortable with it. So here I am:

:wink:

P.S... Does anyone find the posting limit annoying? :evil: -- And hey Nubly do you have a pic you can post of your Phoenix tattoo? I'd love to see it.

This is my cousin's phoenix.. sorry for the bad quality.

Chilling__Echo

notyourcommodity said:
my pictures are on my myspace.
yes, there are self indulgent ones.
i am HOLDING the camera in the pictures.
so feel free to criticise, or judge, but thats your choice :)

http://www.myspace.com/notyourcommodity

also thanks to everyone who has spoken to me already. i'm only new but you all seem like a lovely bunch :)

robots... roooobooooots... i love zee robots!!!

and you are a lovely chica! love the b/w some color pic