Post your favorite paintings

philly2bits

oh, and the best of it is, the guy that bought it was vettrianos girlfriends dad:confused: 3/4 of a million quid! for that ****e:mad:
see it was his shop, he could of just sneaked up behind the coonter and got it for free

It was well worth the money. It looks good hanging on my wall :D

mysissucks

Suzzan Blac
Zdzislaw Beksinski
David Stoupakis

Attachments

• n1227394763_30242512_8813.jpg
    n1227394763_30242512_8813.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 19937_263620821406_561866406_4251108_6504005_n.jpg
    19937_263620821406_561866406_4251108_6504005_n.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
  • l_a977d1ad86e7457b85fc3b9c58b090ea.jpg
    l_a977d1ad86e7457b85fc3b9c58b090ea.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0

Krista

Suzzan Blac
Zdzislaw Beksinski
David Stoupakis

I quite enjoyed these, especially the middle one. Though I have a few favorite paintings there are two that I've been in love with for as long as I can remember..

Claude Monet:

monetWATERLILIES.jpg

Edgar Degas:

0-2.jpg

And Lucian Freud as of lately. I love his broken down way of making things simplistic and honest. It's an incredible in your face, ugly truth.

BenefitsSupervisorSleeping.jpg

Leigh-Sofa-s.jpg

mysissucks

Both are good choices. Freud's treatment of the figure is very lush. I have seen it copied many times over. Here are a couple more for you. Art IS my life. It's all I do/look at.

Maya Kulenovic
Lori Earley
Michael Hussar
Yoko DHolbachie

Beksinski is awesome isnt he? Zdzislaw Beksinski - Official website presented by Belvedere Gallery

Attachments

• runner.jpg
    runner.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 0
  • lori-earley-2.jpg
    lori-earley-2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 0
  • michael-hussar-4.jpg
    michael-hussar-4.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Yoko-dHolbachie-2.jpg
    Yoko-dHolbachie-2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0

Krista

Both are good choices. Freud's treatment of the figure is very lush. I have seen it copied many times over. Here are a couple more for you. Art IS my life. It's all I do/look at.

Maya Kulenovic
Lori Earley
Michael Hussar
Yoko DHolbachie

Beksinski is awesome isnt he? Zdzislaw Beksinski - Official website presented by Belvedere Gallery

I do believe we just bonded ::p:

Thank you, those are magnificent and the link as well. His artwork is stunning. I know of one person whose style is very close to Michael Hussar and Yoko DHolbachie and they're actually a member of this forum. Well I personally think she's extremely talented, has an amazing use of color.

Art is wonderful, photography is my passion. Any others you come across, please feel free to share with me, I like your taste :)

mysissucks

Don't say that as you will regret it! Now beware of my constant bugging of new art I come across. :) We will have to chat sometime about our own artwork we do.

Krista

Don't say that as you will regret it! Now beware of my constant bugging of new art I come across. :) We will have to chat sometime about our own artwork we do.

You won't wear me down, I promise, lol. Your eye for art is very good and we shall chat sometime soon indeed :)

Pookah

I'm going to post paintings I like the style of, not necessarily most favorite of all time.

accolade_edmund_blair_leighton.jpg

Lotro__Lothlorien_by_trueping.jpg

2229877070_73bfe6cc80_o.jpg

chinese-art-painting-Mi5504.jpg

whoaaaa

amazing stuff..

I love alot of Frida Khalo work.

mainly because she was always miserable

and i can relate to that

Tiercel

She looks nice enough:
396px-Mona_Lisa.jpg

Basically anything by Frank Frazetta:

frazetta01.jpg

H.R. Giger's Birth Machine:

baby.jpg

Other than that I tend to like realistic paintings that really convey a feeling of being there, that really set a mood, etc. And as a general rule for me: the darker, the better.