Pokemon

HeadFace

I love Pokemon, but I hate when people say it's kiddy. I mean, there's two perspectives for it.
A. the competetive type who take it seriously and actually understand the mechanics
B. The people who just play to play Pokemon

I fall somewhere in between xD

Anyway, I've fallen in love with my Soul Silver and Yellow version. I've beaten Red, in SoulSilver, yet I havent ended my playthrough of the game.

Here's my team;
Coffee (Typhlosion)
Swift Earthquake
FlameThrower Fire Blast

Dugbro (Dugtrio)
AerialAce Earthquake
ShadowClaw RockSlide

SirChubsII (Raichu)
ThunderBolt IronTail
Thunder Return

EggMan (Exeggutor)

Psychic LeafStorm
PoisonPowder SeedBomb

Alphonse (Gyarados)
IceFang Surf
DarkPulse DragonRage

Light (Crobat)

GigaDrain ConfuseRay
Fly CrossPoison

Pretty balanced, if I say so ma'self. It just lacks a fighting type move, and bug type (planning on replacing EggMan's PoisonPowder-> SleepPowder and SirChubsII's Return-> Signal Beam)

Luke1993

I have played Red, and Ruby which I enjoyed. I played Pearl to try and get back into that but I didn't like how it took longer to do battles in and also I thought the series hadn't developed enough eg. still having the static 2d sprites for the pokemon in battle, but it looks like they're improving on it for White/Black which comes out soon.

HeadFace

I have played Red, and Ruby which I enjoyed. I played Pearl to try and get back into that but I didn't like how it took longer to do battles in and also I thought the series hadn't developed enough eg. still having the static 2d sprites for the pokemon in battle, but it looks like they're improving on it for White/Black which comes out soon.

Yeah, Diamond wasn't as thrilling for me as Crystal or Yellow. But it's just like when we first played Pokemon we knew nothing about it, and it was a new thrill. So I doubt Nintendo will ever be able to remake that "new thrill" I got from playing Red/Crystal (I don't remember which one I played first).
But yeah. Even though I like the sprites and their style, I think they could be a bit more lively - which is what they're doing in Black/White.
Anyway I'll probably be getting Platinum soon, since my Diamond doesnt save any more (which is odd, since only a month or two ago it was working perfectly.)

HeadFace

And can you believe it. There's actually a new pokemon named Gurdurr. I laughed uncontrollably whenI first heard the name:
gurdurrrrr.png

Phoenixx

I love the games too :D Glad I'm not the only one. I'm definitely someone who just loves to play the games. I mean, there's just something about them it's so addicting. Lately I've been trying out LeafGreen, and I gotta say it's not a bad remake at all. I've played and finished Blue countless of times. I used to have Gold, but it got stolen. :( Thankfully my cousin gave me his Crystal, and I've beaten that quite a few times too. I've been wanting to get SoulSilver as I hear that those remakes are pretty much amazing. Anyway, I like your team. Not bad at all. :)

And can you believe it. There's actually a new pokemon named Gurdurr. I laughed uncontrollably whenI first heard the name:
gurdurrrrr.png
^ That's hilariously bad. I really can't believe how much they've dragged it on. I mean the first two generations were great, but since then I think it's just gotten ridiculous.

HeadFace

I love the games too :D Glad I'm not the only one. I'm definitely someone who just loves to play the games. I mean, there's just something about them it's so addicting. Lately I've been trying out LeafGreen, and I gotta say it's not a bad remake at all. I've played and finished Blue countless of times. I used to have Gold, but it got stolen. :( Thankfully my cousin gave me his Crystal, and I've beaten that quite a few times too. I've been wanting to get SoulSilver as I hear that those remakes are pretty much amazing. Anyway, I like your team. Not bad at all. :)

^ That's hilariously bad. I really can't believe how much they've dragged it on. I mean the first two generations were great, but since then I think it's just gotten ridiculous.
Haha, yeah. They're a lot of fun. I enjoyed Fire Red, too. But I lost it a while ago... But still, the original's still have this irreplaceable charm.
And SoulSilver is amazing. I have it :D

And yeah. I thought the 3rd gen was alright... I didn't like any 4th gen Pokemon. And now the 5th gen just looks terrible.

I played Yellow, Silver, Emerald and Heart Gold, I was very addicted to the pokégames.
I´ve watched whole season 1 of the tv series, I liked the first season best. The movies were cool too. Mew VS mewto , I liked it. :)
I don´t play pokégames atm, But I´ve beated yellow and Silver.
Still I should complete the other games too. It´s a fun thing to do.
I don´t think it´s Childish, actually a lot of older people play these games.
People just think manga is for kids, OK.. the story line of pokémon is all about fantasy creatures and catching them all. I think that´s a nice thing.
The characters of pokémon are very fun too, I like Ash Ketchum,
I had a crush on him hahaha :D But nowadays I like to watch interesting story lines in anime,
But still I watch pokémon with my brother, now and then.
When I was 12, I had a pikachu stuffed animal, I took it everywhere.
It´s funny, Cuz all my photo´s in the past included a pikachu. ::p:
But I should just tell ya that... I was a true pokémon fan ;)

Phoenixx

Haha, yeah. They're a lot of fun. I enjoyed Fire Red, too. But I lost it a while ago... But still, the original's still have this irreplaceable charm.
And SoulSilver is amazing. I have it :D

And yeah. I thought the 3rd gen was alright... I didn't like any 4th gen Pokemon. And now the 5th gen just looks terrible.
^ Lucky you have it ;) Did you beat it yet? Yeah, I agree the 3rd gen was alright. I'll admit, I had a couple favorites from the 3rd generation. But everything else is just... well, horrible.

I had a Sandslash named Putin once. And about 6 Mews.
Though, my favorite always remained the Mewtwo you get at the end of the first generation.

Used to play the ever so living crap out of Red and Gold back when I was a kid, and also in my early teens. Never really liked the third generation, though. It got too repetitive, and the added Pokemon weren't that great.

Last edited:

HeadFace

I had a Sandslash named Putin once. And about 6 Mews.
Though, my favorite always remained the Mewtwo you get at the end of the first generation.

Used to play the ever so living crap out of Red and Gold back when I was a kid, and also in my early teens. Never really liked the third generation, though. It got too repetitive, and the added Pokemon weren't that great.
I named my Sandslash in Emerald, Sonic xD
Mewtwo is alright. I'd probably prefer him over Mew.

And yes. When I was a kid. Pokemon as everything to me.
Anyway I'm replaying Platinum (4thGen) and Emerald (3rdGen) and well...
Platinum is actually pretty good. The map is okay. And some of the Pokemon are alright. But for Emerald, I dont really like any of the new ones. The map is pretty bad too.
My team on emerald is pretty good though. Ludicolo, Gardevoir, Blaziken, Crobat, Sandslash, and Magneton.

Marti2

Pokemon?? Hm.. yeah I played when I was a child on black-white Game Boy Pocket. My favorite version was Red. I lost many hours, 'cuz I played too much :p. These days never come back.