plz help me go :( I really need this

chin ho

guys, right now I'm on a medical leave of absence and I literally haven't done anything productive the whole year......the point of taking the year off is to work on myself(social phobia, self-image) so I can go back to school and lead a normal life but I'm still the same quitting loser......

here's my situation, there's this company that helps young web entrepreneurs in their startups to meet, collaborate and even fund their startup. and their looking for volunteers for a 3 month program where we get to help other businesses lunch.
feeling sick and tired of being a loser I applied for the position and to my surprise they called( just now!!) and said that their having a meeting 4hours from now to get to know us(volunteers).......I want to go so bad but I don't think I can :( I just feel so ugly right now(my whole life to be honest) and I'm sure that no one is going to like me......what should I do?::(:

Just go in spite of the fear you feel. Try and be genuinely interested in the other people and try and shift the focus to the subject matter itself. Most of the other people are feeling as nervous as you are... So you're not alone in this.

Ignace

If U don't go, you definitely get nothing. When you do go, you got a chance of getting something. Conclusion: You should definitely go ! Take the chance with both hands.

cobalt_bluester

I know it's a hard thing to do but you really need to go as by not doing so you'll feel even worse about yourself. Please don't throw this opportunity away.