Please recommend me a good active forum for insomnia...

The ones I've searched on google are very inactive, very unlike this site. I've got a lot of issues with sleep and little support... so help a drone out, yar? Thank you very much...

Last edited:
*bumped* because I really need to talk with someone... most insomnia forums are just too inactive...

Ignace

I can talk to you if u want, but I don't have sleeping problems. I searched Google but like you said, last post was around 10 september, so not really active. Aren't here other people with insomnia ?

petrified eyes

I have insomnia too, but I don't have much in the way of tips or tricks to fall asleep so I don't know what help I would be.

Yeah.. there probably are. But I've never found them or at least not those who've similar insomnia problems as me. I've not slept for one week straight when I was at my worst. And there's also the military thing coming up...

But thanks for the offer. Soo.. silver is your new color heh? :) Btw, what WAS the mysterious photo in your hp that you posted on SPW the other day?

Last edited:
I have insomnia too, but I don't have much in the way of tips or tricks to fall asleep so I don't know what help I would be.

well... just listening to others' experience helps I guess... Insomnia has ruined my life even more than anxiety ever did. They're probably working hand-in-hand anyway... I could have been someone worthwhile if not for these f***ing problems. Now I'm just a complete waste of oxygen and Earth's resources.

If I didn't believe in the afterlife or had sick parents...

Ignace

well... just listening to others' experience helps I guess... Insomnia has ruined my life even more than anxiety ever did. They're probably working hand-in-hand anyway... I could have been someone worthwhile if not for these f***ing problems. Now I'm just a complete waste of oxygen and Earth's resources.

If I didn't believe in the afterlife or had sick parents...

You're not a waste of oxygen and Earth's resources, I thought that too a while ago. But we're no less then all those jackasses out there ..

Ignace

Yeah.. there probably are. But I've never found them or at least not those who've similar insomnia problems as me. I've not slept for one week straight when I was at my worst. And there's also the military thing coming up...

But thanks for the offer. Soo.. silver is your new color heh? :) Btw, what WAS the mysterious photo in your hp that you posted on SPW the other day?

Yeah, It's great.:D There are always people who don't read it.::p: And I have no clue, I forgot it till now. I guess it's my faith of becoming a plant with a fork and Hell's logo.:confused: Still strange though ..

I have insomnia also. I read yesterday that exercise just before bed is good for insomnia. However, I don't know if it is true. I try to clear my mind at night with meditation. So long as I don't get revved up, it works somewhat. Don't know of any support site.

Doesn't work for me unfortunately. Back in conscription, we used to exercise heavily day and sometimes almost to the night. But I'd still not sleep at all for days on end... but thanks for the suggestion.

@Ignace: I've a sort of situation. I think if I'm no longer around, my brothers who are far more financially established than me would actually give money to my parents... I think in their minds, and everyone's minds it's like... It's ok. Dronee's a graduate, he can do everything... not giving a damn about my problems and the insane trials I went through to get that my degree.

I'm just completely burned up now. When I was in my early twenties and my teens, it's possible to tough it out because there's still some small hope. I've no hope now and they're going to give me a nice machine gun for my conscription. Protecting and 'serving' the country heh? I can't even help myself.

Nvm, sorry for the negativity. But an active chronic insomnia support site recommendation would be great... Maybe I can actually talk to someone who relates. Thanks.

Ignace

Doesn't work for me unfortunately. Back in conscription, we used to exercise heavily day and sometimes almost to the night. But I'd still not sleep at all for days on end... but thanks for the suggestion.

@Ignace: I've a sort of situation. I think if I'm no longer around, my brothers who are far more financially established than me would actually give money to my parents... I think in their minds, and everyone's minds it's like... It's ok. Dronee's a graduate, he can do everything... not giving a damn about my problems and the insane trials I went through to get that my degree.

I'm just completely burned up now. When I was in my early twenties and my teens, it's possible to tough it out because there's still some small hope. I've no hope now and they're going to give me a nice machine gun for my conscription. Protecting and 'serving' the country heh? I can't even help myself.

Nvm, sorry for the negativity. But an active chronic insomnia support site recommendation would be great... Maybe I can actually talk to someone who relates. Thanks.

You probably can't bail out if you explain your problems to a supervisor or something ? And is the army your job or something ? Last time I spoke to you you were not long home from the army lol.
Or is that my imagination ?

@Petrified Eyes: Let's just say that I'm an Asian from Asia. And right now I need help somehow.

@Ignace: No... they discharged me early last time round due to my high blood pressure and heart problems, which was caused because I didn't sleep for four or five days straight in the midst of training.

Last edited:

Ignace

Let's just say that I'm an Asian from Asia. And right now I need help somehow.

@Ignace: No... they discharged me early last time round due to my high blood pressure and heart problems, which was caused because I didn't sleep for four or five days straight in the midst of training.

That's heavy man, don't you get crazy if you can't sleep, especially when you need it that much ?:eek:

lunaticbinge

That's heavy man, don't you get crazy if you can't sleep, especially when you need it that much ?:eek:

Yeah this i want to know. I went just three days once and I started hallucinating so badly I had to be hospitalized. How can you even function?!

I tell myself a lot of delusions such as... "I can do this. I've got to do this, my family is counting on me... Honor, duty, purpose... I want to be someone worthwhile... It can't end this way... I must restore the family name (we're poor)..."

Or rather I used to tell myself that. I've lost the ability to kid myself. And yes, sometimes I literally hallucinate. I saw an old man dancing with his staff once and when I blinked, he was just giving a lecture. I'm worried I will hallucinate on the rifle range.

petrified eyes

Can't you get a doctor to recommend deferment of service or a transfer to a non-combatant/admin posting? Having hallucinations while armed isn't a very safe thing.

Ignace

I tell myself a lot of delusions such as... "I can do this. I've got to do this, my family is counting on me... Honor, duty, purpose... I want to be someone worthwhile... It can't end this way... I must restore the family name (we're poor)..."

Or rather I used to tell myself that. I've lost the ability to kid myself. And yes, sometimes I literally hallucinate. I saw an old man dancing with his staff once and when I blinked, he was just giving a lecture. I'm worried I will hallucinate on the rifle range.

Oww, great hallucination.:eek: Well, it's something to say to the officers over there. "Hay, I hallucinate and when I have a gun in my hands I shoot everything/everyone in pieces. :) Can I haz a gun now ?"

Oww, great hallucination.:eek: Well, it's something to say to the officers over there. "Hay, I hallucinate and when I have a gun in my hands I shoot everything/everyone in pieces. :) Can I haz a gun now ?"
(And @petrified_eyes)

"Why didn't you see a doctor for this? Why didn't you email us and inform us earlier?"

"But I did try to contact you and I've no money to... "

"You're a ranking officer, we can't just replace you easily... You're going to have to serve eventually"

It'll always be the same nonsense all over again. I'm lucky in a sense since I'm not exactly a regular grunt... I know in other divisions/stations/posts, the superior officer will probably just say "F*** you" and give you some physical punishments... Heck, people have actually died from abuse soo...

Daz

I've read numerous articles linking insomnia with thyroid problems.

Have you had your thyroid (TSH Levels) tested?

It's something worth trying.

Good luck

I've read numerous articles linking insomnia with thyroid problems.

Have you had your thyroid (TSH Levels) tested?

It's something worth trying.

Good luck

Thanks, but what's thyroid? I've heard of it but don't really know what it is... Some kind of throat problems?

Hmm... soo in the whole of the internet, there's not one active forum for insomniacs?? ........

Aussie_Lad

You are probably best of looking at a sub-forum under a larger dream or sleep forum (such as Sleep and Health). Unfortuanetly insomnia doesn't seem to be one of the subjects that is widely discussed, probably because it is so mis-understood by most people. I hope you find what you are looking for.