*******please click & read*******

kc1296426

I know I have SA although not diagnosed. But the cost of finding a therapist is just too much. And in some ways I can't imagine myself getting rid of anxiety at all. Maybe I'll improve but I believe that the only way I'll get treated is if my entire brain mechanism is fixed. I think SA is more of a biological problem. I'm not saying medication is the key because it's just a temporary cure. If there's some kind of futuristic surgery that'll mold the screwed part of my brain, maybe I won't have SA anymore. But the genes? I just hope my poor kids don't get my SA trait.

You can always find help to your problems. If you go to mental health offices and speak to them about your financial problems, who knows, maybe they will understand and give you a cheap price or maybe take you in for free?

Humans care about other humans, especially in crises. It's not the end of the world and you can get better.

aNOTfox

I was a bit worried about viruses when I clicked this :D

I think you need to want to get better yourself, its never enough for someone to simply tell you to get better and why you should get better. If that were the case I wouldn't have anxiety problems :(

I don't know if thats off topic; I think I've missed the point of this thread, but still.

Last edited:

Richey

I would say that one of the biggest issues is environment of both work, education and home which causes anxiety. A relaxed and normal, fun, posiitve environment will help people. An environment that feeds on the negative self image is just a vicious cycle.

if people can find positive environments then that will really help in moving forwards.

if you go to a therapist, do CBT and work/home/uni is still miserable for you then its like a tug of war.

so you have to iron out the creases in those areas as well as doing the therapy, and therapy can also be reading self help books, not just seeing a therapist.

The problem is also that people see therapists, read self help books and think that a magic wand solves everything, the best approach is to use the tools and methods mentioned in the self helf books by testing them out each day, then writing down the results then trying it again and again and again and just writing down the outcomes, no matter what the result.

Section_31

managable and treatable, yes, i think so.

Cureable....while ill never say anythings impossible....i feel thats going to be extremely difficult.

hoddesdon

Not in Britain either. I'm kind of isolated from the world.
I've looked everywhere. SA is not something easy to treat, Depression is "cured" with pills, if you show any other symptoms that look difficult to deal with, then you're schizophrenic. This is the stone age.

I know they're trying to help, but that kind of advice is going to tick some people off. It's not that easy. It all depends on each individual's situation, the same advice is not going to work for everyone.

On this thread are suggestions about online courses and workbooks http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/how-effective-is-cbt-cognitive-behavioural-therapy-1737/.

There is an audio series on SAS called "Overcoming Social Anxiety Step by Step". A link is displayed prominently on the main page.