Pet Peeves!

OCDd

Just a thread for posting your pet peeves or annoyances. (don't take this personally i don't want to offend anyone, these are just what annoy me) A couple of mine are second hand smoking, the fact you can see your nose in your peripheral vision, obsessive compulsive disorder, people who think their the best, and the feeling when you have to sneeze but then you don't.

Newtype

Smart phones! Damn people and their smart phones! Always playing with them. They all look like a bunch of puppets. I just wanna grab their phones and throw them!!!

OCDd

another one of mine - people complaining about people complaining about duplicate threads lol no jk :sarcastic:

The uncapitalised "i" in front of many Apple products. Call me crazy, but that bugs me to the very core. Get it? Core? Because it's it Apple. Apple core. Nah, but seriously, it does legitimately bug me.

When people leave glasses with a tiny bit of their drink still in it.

Space and time.

Last edited:
Also songs that are about the singer's libido. I hate when a absolutely gorgeous sounding song has lyrics that basically describes how badly, often and/or nicely they (want to) have sexual intercourse. Ugh. It show such poor consistency.

Therefore I often listen to spoofs of songs with alternate lyrics.

Nathália

Also songs that are about the singer's libido. I hate when a absolutely gorgeous sounding song has lyrics that basically describes how badly, often and/or nicely they (want to) have sexual intercourse. Ugh. It show such poor consistency.

Therefore I often listen to spoofs of songs with alternate lyrics.

I'm guessing R&B is off your list of genres? Not saying that pop,rock,rap, dance etc whatever doesn't have it, I feel so awkward being around people when slow sexual songs come on. I'm leaving the room now. * tip toes out*

My pet peeve is chewing gum and how people stick it on their plates, to save it for later. Or how someone plays with it, smack it without manners, etc.

coyote

that pretty much describes 90% of pop music recorded in the last century

much of it euphemism or double-entendre

what do you think "rock and roll" means, anyway?

OCDd

seriously coyote, what happened to the music that makes you feel good, not this beep bop techno crap that sounds like a robot singing. i mean come on where the music that inspires people? classical music, jazz, at least something that makes you feel good.

aquarius86

I hate it when people try to talk to me or ask me questions when I'm on the phone...grrrrr, grinds my gears.

I'm guessing R&B is off your list of genres? Not saying that pop,rock,rap, dance etc whatever doesn't have it, I feel so awkward being around people when slow sexual songs come on. I'm leaving the room now. * tip toes out*

My pet peeve is chewing gum and how people stick it on their plates, to save it for later. Or how someone plays with it, smack it without manners, etc.

Nah, genre's as whole never leave my list. I have a similar pet peeve with 'grocery list/ego boosting' rap songs, but I perfectly enjoy certain raps songs. Just not a lot of it. ;3

that pretty much describes 90% of pop music recorded in the last century

much of it euphemism or double-entendre

what do you think "rock and roll" means, anyway?

Oh I know, there are few modern songs I actually like as they are. But it's not the sexual implication that bothers me, it's the odd consistency. If they go through the trouble of matching the sound to their lyrics, then it doesn't really bother me.

You know, I legitimately thought it meant a moving rock. A rolling rock referencing the person whom likes the music. As in ''I'm a dancing badass''. But now that you mention it.. That does make more sense.